Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting my speed6 dynoed for the first time in the next couple of days. I was just wondering if there was any tips that i needed to know to maximize the car on the dyno. Do I turn the dsc off, anything like that. I will post the results the day that i get them in my hand. All I have done to my car is a cp-e intake. I plan on dynoing my car as soon as I put on the cp-e exhaust. So we can all see real hp that it add along with the intake.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That would be cool. I'm curious to see the gains since i have kinda the same plans for my 6i.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
there are no gains with getting a different exhaust on the 6i and the 6s. or at least, the gains are minimal enough to fall within a dyno's range of error.
[/b]
what about the Speed6? It seems to me that car makers have made the term "aftermarket exhaust" a joke. They're already designing stock exhaust systems to perform fine.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
The cats and the mufflers are very restricting. If you can get a test pipe on there before you go, you would see really descent gains. Best of luck!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cats and the mufflers are very restricting. If you can get a test pipe on there before you go, you would see really descent gains. Best of luck!
[/b]
this may be a stupid question. But what is a test pipe. Ive heard people talk about them before but this is my first turbo car.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
what about the Speed6? It seems to me that car makers have made the term "aftermarket exhaust" a joke. They're already designing stock exhaust systems to perform fine.
[/b]
i was referring to weekday's post. the 6i and 6s won't see a gain, but the speed6 most certainly will, if done correctly. take a look at CP-E's site and check out their exhaust for the speed6 with massive gains. NA cars will not get the same benefit as Forced Induction cars when it comes to exhausts.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i was referring to weekday's post. the 6i and 6s won't see a gain, but the speed6 most certainly will, if done correctly. take a look at CP-E's site and check out their exhaust for the speed6 with massive gains. NA cars will not get the same benefit as Forced Induction cars when it comes to exhausts.
[/b]
good point, I feel like trading for a Speed3 to tell you the truth, I just got smoked today by a frickin Jetta GLI!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
this may be a stupid question. But what is a test pipe. Ive heard people talk about them before but this is my first turbo car.
[/b]
A Test Pipe is just a straight hollow or slightly baffled pipe in place of the Catalytic Converter, decent gains on both N/A and turbo cars.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A Test Pipe is just a straight hollow or slightly baffled pipe in place of the Catalytic Converter, decent gains on both N/A and turbo cars.
[/b]
Is a test pipe a down pipe without a cat? Or am i way off base. Also, if they are not the same thing, does anyone make one for the speed6 yet. And would it make you fail emissions

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
good point, I feel like trading for a Speed3 to tell you the truth, I just got smoked today by a frickin Jetta GLI!
[/b]
thats because GLI's are absolute torque monsters. a $500 chip will get you another 60 ft/lb torque to the wheels when it already dynos at about 180 ft/lb stock. gotta know what you're going up against man!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
thats because GLI's are absolute torque monsters. a $500 chip will get you another 60 ft/lb torque to the wheels when it already dynos at about 180 ft/lb stock. gotta know what you're going up against man!
[/b]
well, I was actually just taking off from a light by myself and he was a car behind the car next to me in another lane and he just basically blew past me and it sucked big fat nuts!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I would go to a local muffler shop and get them to make the test pipe. It should cost around $50-60.

·
Registered
967 Posts
well, I was actually just taking off from a light by myself and he was a car behind the car next to me in another lane and he just basically blew past me and it sucked big fat nuts!
[/b]
They're pretty impressive chipped. They do make mad torque, but it sounds like he got a mad jump on you. Same thing happend to me against a Honda Prelude once and I KNOW one of them can't take the MS6.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I finally got to dyno my car.

Heres the chart of my last two runs w/ AF ratio

[attachmentid=16909]

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts