Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to be doing my first dyno on my 2005 that i just purchased about 6 months ago on saturday. So far i have about 7900 mles on the car with an INJEN CAI only. I changed my oil at 5000 to 10w40 royal purple and i put the INJEN on about 500 miles ago. I went to the track for the first time with the car with 3500 on it and ran a [email protected] Then with the injen i ran a 14.8. I have the MAFCI injen fix that i will install at the dyno. I just want to see what i have with just the intake. Then i will put the CPE on. I was thinking of testing my filter by doing on pass without the filter and without the CPE. Then w/ the filter and no CPE and then W/ filter and CPE.

So what do you guys then i am going to get. Oh by the way i have a 3.0v6 2005. i also will have 89 octane in the tank.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 89 octane will not increase performance without a specific tune for it. Also is this a mustang dyno or a dyno jet. On a dyno jet with the maf-ci box injen, and that new of an engine, and depending on how you are breaking the engine in, I would imagine 175whp-185whp. 10,000-15,000 more miles, you might add another 5-7whp onto that with the current mods. Just my opinion and basing off what I've seen of others, you could be as low as 170 and high as 194. This all assuming you have a MTX and not an ATX, but with those quarter mile times it has to be MTX.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
how many times have you changed oil so far? Also, i wouldn't mess around by taking the filter off and gunning it in a dirty dyno shop, just my opinion.

Im pretty sure you will gain less with 89 octane, since the car may retract timing. I know its apparent with 91+octane, but i would assume 89 would too somewhat.

Expect to be in the mid 180s on a dynojet and 160 ish on a mustang.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 89 octane will not increase performance without a specific tune for it. Also is this a mustang dyno or a dyno jet. On a dyno jet with the maf-ci box injen, and that new of an engine, and depending on how you are breaking the engine in, I would imagine 175whp-185whp. 10,000-15,000 more miles, you might add another 5-7whp onto that with the current mods. Just my opinion and basing off what I've seen of others, you could be as low as 170 and high as 194. This all assuming you have a MTX and not an ATX, but with those quarter mile times it has to be MTX.
[/b]
Sorry it is a MTX. But have only changed it once and that was at 5000 and at that point i put the royal purple in. i have DRIVEN this car since day one!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
10w-40? you know your suppose to run 5w-20?

Highetr octane won't help you unless the car is tuned for it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry it is a MTX. But have only changed it once and that was at 5000 and at that point i put the royal purple in. i have DRIVEN this car since day one!!
[/b]

Wait?! You've DRIVEN it since day one? Man, I've been FLYING mine....j/k j/k. Anyway, I want to mimic what others have said about the higher octane, it's not worth it and you're just wasting your cash!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait?! You've DRIVEN it since day one? Man, I've been FLYING mine....j/k j/k. Anyway, I want to mimic what others have said about the higher octane, it's not worth it and you're just wasting your cash!
[/b]

Well actually the dyno is THIS weekend as it was a mistake on the date.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well actually the dyno is THIS weekend as it was a mistake on the date.
[/b]
A would have to diagree. If the motor gets hot in theory it can cause detonation. Knock sensors are pretty crude tech. If you do get detonation(pinging) even slightly (may not be able to hear it)the computer will pull timing and kill power. If you make 3 pulls on a dyno it will get hot quick. The knock sensors vary each individaul cars its not a exact science.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Blake-mazda
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing