Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the thread I made long ago when I discovered the ding, but I just recently got around to taking a picture of it. Can you find it?

I'm thinking of buying and trying the "Ding King". Any thoughts?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My first ding'

YEAH... too bad.. i see .. is it on the front door upper portion... oh yeah or the lower portion rear door.. there's a few right?:p

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: My first ding

Yup, it's on the front door. All that stuff on the bottom is dirt giving wierd reflections to the camera.

·
Registered
526 Posts

For the love of God, find a guy who does paintless dent removal. You'll remember I mentioned this before. A good guy will make that disappear or at worst, MUCH less noticable. It appears high enough up on the door that there won't be any problem getting to it from above.

Is it on the shadow line or just above? The picture makes it look like there's a crease in the shadow line. If it's above - no sweat. That should come out in no time and no one will ever know. If it's on the crease - that could be more troublesome.

I really feel for you dude. I've had it happen and that stuff drives me straight out of my mind.

·
Registered
131 Posts

That's exactly where my manager's car ding is located!
The difference is it goes all the way to the top of the wheel.
Looked like an idiot was reversing his 4WD to her parked car and ran away.

Almost to my horror; she parked across my 2 days old M6!!! :yield1 :yield2
If it was my baby which got hurt, Í'd have hunted the whole office until I find the dickie!

·
Registered
543 Posts

So when I get mine, should I park horizontally across 3 spots when I'm at work? :D ;)

When we hit a deer with my husband's Silverado, they just popped the dent right out and you can't even tell. And it was MUCH worse than yours - and even had a sharp vertical crease towards the bottom too, in addition to the big bump-in from the deer's rear end hitting the door. I'd think you can get yours popped out without much problem.

·
Registered
543 Posts

Here's pics of our truck's door. The front fender had to be replaced, but the door was popped out and you would never know.

Well shoot - I'm trying to attach a ".doc" pic here and it won't let me, even though that's one of the acceptable file extensions. ?????
This is what I get:

OpenBB SQL

An Error has occured, please contact the system administrator.

The file is only 128KB, under the 250KB max.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Originally posted by mazdamarla

I know it's Word, but it's supposedly an acceptable extention...

Valid file extensions: .bmp,.jpg,.txt,.doc,.gif,.zip
Max file upload size: 250000 bytes
[/b]
I dont know marla, ive never been able to upload a pic, i ALWAYS get that same error.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts