Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a crease in the side of my baby, right above the style 'line' that follows through the doors from front to rear. Someone with a tallish car opened their door into my car. God forbid I find a person in my lot with red paint on the end of their door.

It's not too bad- only noticeable in the reflection- but my virgin car wasn't ready to be assaulted, raped, or disecrated by another careless asshole in this manner. How hard is it to control your door?! I always park well away from people- you'd have to make a conscious effort to ding me. I suspect one of my neighbors since I park in a lot. I'm pissed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Reading Topic: My first ding.

Ohhh... that sucks... I know this sucks too, but I usually park any one of my vehicles far from masses of cars in any parking lot. It's a pain to walk a half mile to the entrance of where I'm going to, but if that saves me a ding or a scratch and $$$, then so be it.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

So do I, but I can't help that when I get home. Parking is limited- there's no getting around parking next to people.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Very sad to hear that. It's something that we all have to deal with, sooner or later.
I also tend to park my car away from others, but when I return, others have parked their car near mine too. Cant win!

·
Registered
70 Posts

Have you ever wondered why you parents screamed and hollered at you when you opened the door of their car too fast or uncontrollably? I found out the reason after I bought my first car. Now I scream at friends who open my passenger door or even their door carelessly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Reading Topic: My fi

It p1sses (I hate when they censor it, but there's always a way around, hehe) me off to no end when I hear people damaging someone else's property and not fessing up to it. If someone does something stupid and damages my property and they tell me, sure I'll be upset, but as long as they confront me about it, I'm fine. I'm not a violent person, but if there's one thing that would make me so, it's that.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Sounds kinda strange but I was so cautious (or paranoid, if you must :) ) with my Supra that I'd sometimes make a mental note of the license plate and color if I was parked next to a car, or someone pulled in too close. Of course that was easy to do because I drove it so rarely. I fear that it is inevitable, however, that someone will carelessly taint my new 6.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Damn, dude. srry for ur 6.

Next time park your car as far away from other people. That's how I do too. Especially with new car.

·
Registered
212 Posts

I hate when that happens. Fugging a$$holes who do that should be lined up and shot. I bet it was an SUV driver.

OK, I'll tell you how I REALLY feel about ignorant people...LOL

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Sure. As I said, it's not bad- I'm not sure how well the camera will pick it up. It's pretty obvious in person, but cameras can be wierd with details.

I'll try tomorrow if it isn't raining or snowing.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Stretchsje - First, that SUCKS. Some people don't even realize that the most minor of touches will cause problems.

Go to www.dentwiz.com and check out paintless dent removal. Dent Wizard has locations in Maryland. I saw one in Rockville and a couple in Bethesda. They should be able to fix you up in minutes. They're pros (artists, really) who use the tools Kristoff was talking about to effect unbelievable results.

My '99 Dodge had less than 1,000 miles on it when on a really windy day, a 4'x4' plastic tray bashed the ever loving crap out of my right front door. Put a really juicy dent in it that you could see from 20 feet.

Once the local guy, The Dent Gent, got finished with it you couldn't tell. And that was a BLACK car. No paint, no buffing. He just worked the metal back into shape.

I'm telling you - on a black car and not even the body man that had seen both before & after looks could find it. Truly amazing stuff.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

How much do those paintless dent removals cost?

I've got to realize I live in the city and this is going to happen again, as much as this sucks. At least I wasn't hit while I was DRIVING like my wife was- that guy sped off after hitting her. He cut her off TOO aggressively and damaged her front bumper at ~30mph. Insurance took care of that one, thankfully.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

at least it didn't scratch the paint from what your saying, so a little dent removal should make the problem go away. I know the feeling I piss my freidsn off sometimes for parking so far away to avoid being hit, my last car looked like a min field from all the door dings

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My first ding.'

Originally posted by stretchsje

How much do those paintless dent removals cost?[/b]
I had dent removal done on my Accord. I payed around $90. But it all depends on the size of the dent and location. If it's on a crease they say it's harder to work on and so more expensive. But I'm sure it'll still be the least expensive route to take.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: My first ding.

It's right above a crease. Since I need to take the car in for warranty work anyway (just a squeak and rattle- no biggie); I might ask them to do it. Stupid dealers gouge everything though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My first ding.'

Originally posted by kyler13

Sounds kinda strange but I was so cautious (or paranoid, if you must :) ) with my Supra that I'd sometimes make a mental note of the license plate and color if I was parked next to a car, or someone pulled in too close.  Of course that was easy to do because I drove it so rarely.  I fear that it is inevitable, however, that someone will carelessly taint my new 6.[/b]
I do the same exact thing. Sometimes I'll write down the info rather than try to remember it. Also, sometimes while I'm driving, I try to remember the license plate number of a car beside me or passing me, just in case something were to happen and that person takes off.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts