Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandmother who has been in the hospital for 69 days now (61 in ICU) is dying. She originally went in for a bacterial infection (Sepsis) and ended up having a quadruple bypass with an artery replacement. She hasnt been able to get any better. She has lost all strength and will she needs in order to live. My family has made the decision to take her to hospice and help her pass on to the other side. Please send my family prayers and my grandmother that her journey will be a quick and painless one.

·
Registered
444 Posts
sorry to hear that...

i lost my grand ma whom i love very much not a long time ago... and no one unederstood what I was going through unless they been down the road before.

So you have my honest prayers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys. I really appreciate this. Her name is Doris Lutz. She is 71 years old. She spent her birthday in ICU and the day after had the quadruple bypass. She was joking to everyone telling us how excited she was to be getting a new valve for her birthday. For 3 weeks now she has had a trech in and hasnt been able to talk. The last thing I heard my grandmother say was "I love you". Its really hard because I keep having all of these flashbacks to when I was growing up. My grandmother helped raise me for most of my 1st 10 years. My dad was single until I was 6 so it was just us. This is the first immeadiate family member that I have that I've had to see go through this and the 1st to pass. I dont really know how to deal with death. I just know that anything at this point can be better than what she is going through right now....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went through a very similar situation with my grandmother when I was younger, so I know how you feel. She will be in my prayers. Keep your chin up. If God had decided that now is her time to go back to Him, then try to look at it as a positive thing, for her. She is going to a better place. Just focus on that when you're feeling down.....and remember that through prayer, and a life time of memories, she will always be with you. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have dealt with a lot of dying in my 23 years. Needless to say, you never learn how to deal with death. Every case is different, with different memories, and different emotions at different times. I lost my grandpa when I was about 10, my grandma at 12, my uncle at 16 and my dad at 19. It has been 4 years since my dad died and I still try to think about him everyday, and I still miss him everyday. No matter what you try to do, there will always be some random thing that you come across that triggers an emotional breakdown. I still can't believe they are gone, let alone my dad.

I will pray for your grandmother, and you and your family because you and your family need support now as much as your grandmother does. She will be taken care of shortly, you guys are the ones that are left to learn how to live your lives without an important piece.

As much as I miss my dad being around, I try to still think about what he would want me to do and how he would want me to act. I still think about the conversations that we would be having on the golf course now, and how I wish that I could spend time with him. Always remember how your grandmother took care of you and how she talked to you. I know I hated hearing it, but do take heart in the fact that they are in a better place now. They will be missed, but make sure they are never forgotten.

As much as this is a support group for you, make sure you spend time with your dad and family, they need you now more than ever.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Our prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. May your Grandmother pass in peace and know how much you love her.

·
Registered
933 Posts
hang in there. your in our prayers.

I have yet to have anyone that is really really close to me pass away. It scares me because I know its only a matter of time. Just don't take the people in your life for granted and have fun with the time you can spend with them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I could spend more time with her and be there for my grandfather but unfortunately I have to work. The one good thing is that the hospice is only about 10 minutes from where I am, so I can go there after work. My boss already said that I can take time off if I need to but I figure I need to be here as much as possible because once she does pass, I'll need time off then. My family is trying to get myself and my husband to move in with my grandfather so that he will have someone. I just feel that he will need time to greive without someone ontop of him all of the time. I also dont feel that my husband needs to be put in that position. I just dont know what to do. I wish I had all of the answers. All I do know is this is gonna be one tough week...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
HBCalif
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing