Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I huffed and puffed and tugged, but my darn faceplate won't come off. It bends and bends but only the extreme bottom shows any willingness to pull out. The rest won't budge, not with pulling or prying. If I push from the back (reaching in from the glove compartment); the faceplate seems to buldge forward up top, but I can't make any meaningfull progress from that. I've undone the two screws at the bottom and one accessible from the glove box, pictured below. Is this correct?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reading Topic: My face plate won't come out

The answer- though I haven't verified it yet- seems to be that you must first pull off the dials on the manual climate control system. Pull them off, and two more screws are revealed...

Or so I've heard. We'll see!

·
Registered
102 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, stretchsje.

I'm planning to install an amp and speakers this weekend, so I'll look into it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My face plate won't come out'

Well, I did my install last weekend, or should I say I started my install last weekend, this has turned into the never-ending project, but more on that later ... :sarc

I took apart the cupholder, shifter plate and glove box, took out the three screws that are known to hold the face plate on, and I also have the same problem in that my face plate only budges a little at the bottom but won't really move anywhere else. I did take off the three knobs for the manual climate control, there are two screws beneath the outer knobs, I took those out but I didn't look like they did anything to hold the faceplate on, it looks like they are for something else.

So with the manual climate control system like I have, it looks like there's something else that holds the face plate on other than the three screws used with the auto climate system. Anyone have any other info on this?

It turned out not to be too big a problem for me, I just tapped my high level signals from the speaker wires in the doors, and then ran that to my LOC. Anyways, more on my install when I finally have everything finished, but I must say I am pretty tired of working on my car at this point. :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

took those out but I didn't look like they did anything to hold the faceplate on, it looks like they are for something else.[/b]
Nope, that's the problem. That's what fixed it for me!

·
Registered
102 Posts

Originally posted by stretchsje

took those out but I didn't look like they did anything to hold the faceplate on, it looks like they are for something else.[/b]
Nope, that's the problem. That's what fixed it for me![/b][/quote]

Hmm, that's interesting...

Well, I pulled pretty hard on the bottom, hard enough to begin to worry that I might break something, as well as pushing from behind. No joy. And when I tugged on it, it looked like the material behind those two screws was moving when I pulled.

So maybe I just have a lame faceplate... (Or perhaps it is me :D)

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by stretchsje

On a related note, I'm sick of snow.[/b]
Kinda random but yes I agree. We keep on getting more and more snow every few days as if we haven't had enough already.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Hey Chindo
Sorry to hear about the bad weather. I love it when the weather report comes on and I see Toronto predicting -27 while Vanocuver is looking at +9 (we're talking celsius folks).

You do have my sympathy, I grew up in Ottawa and will never forget some of those nasty winters.

·
Registered
837 Posts

You can't call yourself Canadian until you can handle the -30 degrees Celcius. You got to love the windchill in Ottawa. Man any expose skin will freeze within 30seconds.

I AM CANADIAN! Maybe that is why us Canadian can drink so much beer. They need to warm their blood for the weather. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo

You can't call yourself Canadian until you can handle the -30 degrees Celcius.  You got to love the windchill in Ottawa.  Man any expose skin will freeze within 30seconds.

I AM CANADIAN!  Maybe that is why us Canadian can drink so much beer.  They need to warm their blood for the weather.  :)[/b]
Actually the booze is to thin the blood so it doesn't freeze up... :) :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Yeah that's why swedish forests are so dangerous in the summertimes. All the polar bears are in there and they are hungry ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts