Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my 6, steel gray, sport pkg, all the toys, the dealer was dumbfounded at what the computer spit back at him... he had tried to change a car that was already on its way to being built and it came back w/ something he said he had never seen: "pending" in regards to the color and my accessories. We imagined it was because we were close to the cutoff for changes (he had just changed a car for customer before me w/ no problems). At any rate, we thought we'd get a final response on whether or not my change was good in a couple days. When a week passed, we had to take action - either wait for the confirmation and take a chance that it would not go through (therefore pushing my ETA back even further) or go ahead and order another car exactly like it right then and there.

So... today he tells me the good news is that almost 2 weeks later, my car in confirmed on its way in a month (week one, June)... but the bad news is so is another exactly like it :( .So someone will be able to buy the exact duplicate of my car right off the lot. Usually, not a big deal but since the 6's have been released, I have only seen 5 in my area! So I might have to buy a bucket of paint and sneak onto the lot in the middle of the night ;).

But seriously, if anyone is interested, there is a steel gray, manual, with sport grille, sport pkg, leather, moonroof, Bose, side air & curtains, confort pkg, compass/autodim, alarm shock coming into Rochester, NY the first week of June. If one of you has been waiting or looking and have longer ETA's, let me know and I will tell you what dealer. You may look into getting this one swapped to where you are. Just please, get this clone out of my town! :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Reading Topic: My Dealer called me w/ good AND bad news...

Jesus, now you tell me. I was looking for just that and had to fly to NYC (From Buffalo) to get it. :p

It was a great experience though, and so far my car seems to be running absolutely flawlessly, so no regrets. :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My Dealer called me w/ good AND bad news...'

Originally posted by Arcanlaw

Jesus, now you tell me.  I was looking for just that and had to fly to NYC (From Buffalo) to get it.  :p

It was a great experience though, and so far my car seems to be running absolutely flawlessly, so no regrets.  :)[/b]
If something did go wrong with your car, would you have to bring it back to the dealer you purchased it from?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Reading Topic: My Dealer called me w/ good AND bad news...

It's a Mazda warranty, not a Mazda of Great Neck in NYC dealer warranty. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts