Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called me today, evidently they're getting a dealer trade.. a 6s manual with sport package. :) :) He didn't have more details (color, leather?, etc.); but he said he'd call me tomorrow when it comes in.

Any thoughts on why one dealer would trade it to another, without a specific order? Might that mean this car's been demo'ed, etc? Of course I could get some of those details from my salesman, but I wondered if there was anything you all know that I should look out for. Thanks!

(Also.. I'm not even 100% sure I want the 6.. or really, if I want car payments. :D What's a guy to do? :sarc )

·
Registered
305 Posts
Reading Topic: My dealer called me today..

Count Blah,

What probably happened was that your dealer had a car on his lot that the other dealer wanted for a customer. So the other dealer sent that Mazda 6 in trade for the car he needed.

Just check the miles, and find out where the other dealer is. Sometimes they actually drive these cars on the trade -- it's cheaper to pay some retiree to drive the car up than to truck it. So if it has 134 miles on it but the other dealer is 130 miles away, that means some guy has probably driven it at 40 in the slow lane, so no worries. :)

And of COURSE you want one!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts