Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my daughter's Sweet 16 b-day party was yesterday. We sent her and her friend Ashley (also turning 16) in separate limos with 5 friends each on a scavenger hunt around town where they had to get digital pics of certain things along the way. Yes, this cost an arm and a fu**ing leg that COULD have gone to a CPE MAFci--out of my hands. :)

One of their clues was, "Find the place that sells the numbers 3, 5, 6, and 7. Zoom zoom over there and take a picture of one...maybe a red one."

Now my daughter's beau was in the limo with her and her friends. Here's the pic he took, the little suck-up:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah. Checked the clue...7 wasn't on there after all. :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. That was MOM'S idea. I'd have taken them to a football game or something. Hee hee.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Um, they don't sell 7's anymore...
[/b]
... or yet. CX-7.

I think the whole thing is cool, but rather excessive.

Your daughter has enough sense to at least find a boy with a few brain cells. Now you just need to be cleaning firearms the next time he picks her up for a date.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... or yet. CX-7.

I think the whole thing is cool, but rather excessive.

Your daughter has enough sense to at least find a boy with a few brain cells. Now you just need to be cleaning firearms the next time he picks her up for a date.
[/b]
Oh, trust me, I've done the intimidating dad bit. Made sure he saw the black belt hanging in my office and have utilized my sons to demonstrate just a few pain compliance techniques while Matt just happened to be around. He's a wrestler...but he's puny. :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i like the 'protective father gig' on Bad Boys 2. anybody see it? i'm doing that shit with my best friend when i have a daughter. that and the gun isn't going to be in the process of cleaning, that bad boy is going to be tucked into my pants. :D daddy don't play around!!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
That's too blatant. Just happening to be cleaning the gun is just as effective, but more subtle.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
who said anything about subtle? i'm trying to run the kid off for life, or at least be scared of daddy. make him think twice about even holding her hand!!

blatant is a good thing!! get's the point across quicker, whether the kid is a quick one or not.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
That shit's not funny. I've had it done to me before.

Red headed chick, dad was hot tempered. Came to pick her up way out in the middle of nowhere and, there the dad sat, on the front porch, cleaning his shotgun.

He said, " By the time ya'll get back, I should be done cleanin' these shotguns!" Whereas I laughed and told him to have fun by himself cleaning guns.

Jerkoff. Man I hated that guy. Watch who you do that to, IF you do it when you're all dad like and trying to be intimidating. Honestly, that's not fucking funny. It's hinting at threatening and taking someones life. I realize you'd be looking out for your daughter, but I'm looking out for #1... me! And threats to my life don't fly far in my book, when fight of flight kicks in, someone's dying. Even if you are my girlfriends dad.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
My dad used to do it when guys picked my sister up for dates. He would just be cleaning one and leaving the rest unspoken. Made it look completely coincidental, never referred to it verbally.

Of course, in my neck of the woods, it was a reminder. People already assumed you owned guns and knew how to use them... and my dad sometimes wore a belt with a derringer in the buckle.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Jerkoff. Man I hated that guy. Watch who you do that to, IF you do it when you're all dad like and trying to be intimidating. Honestly, that's not fucking funny. It's hinting at threatening and taking someones life. I realize you'd be looking out for your daughter, but I'm looking out for #1... me! And threats to my life don't fly far in my book, when fight of flight kicks in, someone's dying. Even if you are my girlfriends dad.[/b]
that i understand, but i wouldn't say anything about it. i would be real cool, but still have the gun there. i'm the same way with my sisters, withouth the gun, of course. i'm just real protective. i've known close friends of mine being raped...that right there will change your whole outlook on the situation. any woman being manhandled or mistreated deserves an ass kicking.

now don't get me wrong, i would get along with him and get to know him. i just want him to understand that i don't fuck around if he does something stupid.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Oh, trust me, I've done the intimidating dad bit. Made sure he saw the black belt hanging in my office and have utilized my sons to demonstrate just a few pain compliance techniques while Matt just happened to be around. He's a wrestler...but he's puny. :)
[/b]
Sounds like you gave your daughter a nice celebration. When my daughter starts dating, my plan is to tell her boyfriend..."whatever you plan on doing to my daughter, I'll Have done to you" or, "keep one thing in mind.....I have NO problem going BACK to prison" have a nice date and make sure she is home by 9pm, LOL.

I've got some time, my daughter is only 3 1/2 but I will have help protecting her, my son is 17. Yeah, I did it all over again. I finally got the daughter I've dreamed of for years.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Daughters are amazing for us Dads. I have the 15-year-old and a 5-year-old girl. Two boys in the middle. I am MUCH more protective of the girls...MUCH.

My oldest is a really good kid. Top quality person. Straight-A's, good head on her shoulders. And she can kick her boyfriend's a55. JUST the way dad likes it.

And Matt's a pretty good guy. Cocky...has that wrester's attitude...but I trust him. And he knows that I am protective, so he knows there will be pain if he hurts my little girl.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I think fathers need to back off personally.....

I mean look at it like this, What is intimidation going to do? except get the B/f a vendetta against you...It's not going to be a pivotal act of somehow breaking them up. Why don't you try a different route Like Oh i dunno Actually getting to know the B/f, and seeing what he is about..rather than threatening his health?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
now don't get me wrong, i would get along with him and get to know him. i just want him to understand that i don't fuck around if he does something stupid.
[/b]
that's what i said.

i wouldn't try to break them up, just prove a point that i don't want my daughter getting hurt.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
My dad used to do it when guys picked my sister up for dates.
[/b]
What did he do when guys came to pick you up for dates?

i'm just real protective. i've known close friends of mine being raped...that right there will change your whole outlook on the situation. any woman being manhandled or mistreated deserves an ass kicking.

[/b]
You've got the right idea saying you want him to understand that you don't "fuck around". But, that "real protective" shit can really fuck children up. If you're too overprotective, they're gonna be like the wild dog in the cage. When you finally let it out one day, it's gonna fuck you over. Seen it happen, that same girlfriend.

There's a way to approach it all respectfully, retain your dignity/intimidation and not come off as an asshole or threatening... suchas guns generally do come off as. :sarc:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
and i'm just saying that at this age right now, it will more than likely change when i have kids. my entire life will be different. i guess talking about the gun in the pants is more or less just letting out some aggression over the years. i don't believe in using guns on people, never have. i'm far from being a violent person. i just hate to see girls treated like dogs, and sometimes worse. bugs me to no end.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
11 Participants
Modcon
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing