Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i recently got the time to do a custom enclosure for my amps and for my box! took it to a friend and were almost finished the waiting for the plexi glass to come in. hope you like it!!!!

The Trunk:

The In-Dash:

there you have it! let me know what ya think!

-n1ghtmare

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks good.
What are u going to do with the plexi?
I'd some how try to flush the box in with the trunk.

The box looks kind of out of place when its just sitting there.
[/b]

well albert i was going to put it where the gap is and maybe do some neon blue lighting. as far as trying to make the box flush im working on that, but for now this shall do. thanks btw :)

I like the blue material in the trunk. System looks nice, I want an lcd! :( What kind of amp is that?
[/b]

yes the blue material is actually what i have on the seats ( i have two-tone ) i have 2 amps. we hid half of the other one on purpose.

the Boss Amp 1000watt 4 channel is for the mids and highs

the DB platnium power series monoblock amp is for the subwoofers

-n1ghtmare

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice set-up.

it looks too heavy to be sliding around.
[/b]

ya it is pretty dam heavy something that i did not want, but w/e it looks good and im very happy with them.

anyone else? seems as if i get more views than comments :hoho: i mean you all cant be THAT speechless :D

-n1ghtmare

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I like the way the material looks but it just kinda looks like a covered box. I think you should find a way to make it flush. Maybe cut 2 boards and cover them. You could then rewire your system to visably see your wiring cap stuff like that.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the way the material looks but it just kinda looks like a covered box. I think you should find a way to make it flush. Maybe cut 2 boards and cover them. You could then rewire your system to visably see your wiring cap stuff like that.
[/b]

thats what im planning on doing, covering it. that is the next phase of the project :)

thanks for the compliment though drag!

-n1ghtmare

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
what's your plan for keeping the amp cool? without proper ventilation, especially if closed in with plexi, the amp will overheat. you may consider adding some 12V fans ran off relays to run when the amps are running. just a thought.

where did you get the dash kit painted? DIY or shop?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what's your plan for keeping the amp cool? without proper ventilation, especially if closed in with plexi, the amp will overheat. you may consider adding some 12V fans ran off relays to run when the amps are running. just a thought.

where did you get the dash kit painted? DIY or shop?
[/b]

well about the overheating issue, the amp has a cutoff that if it gets too hot it will turn off to prevent damage. until that happends i leave it be, but i do have fans to keep it cool, you brought up a good point that no one has yet to bring up.

the kit was painted at a shop as a favor.

-n1ghtmare

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yeah i gotta agree with everyone else, it just looks like a wrapped box. maybe think about some sort of custom enclosure that isnt just a box

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i gotta agree with everyone else, it just looks like a wrapped box. maybe think about some sort of custom enclosure that isnt just a box
[/b]

well that was really the whole point dragon, was to recarpet the box and then have a little enclosure around it so that it wont " look " like a box just sitting there lol. there is a little more to do until its completed but thats gonna be the overall look.

-n1ghtmare

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Ray. What'd you do with your AVH-5700? I want it. :) How much do you want for it man?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice, how accurate is the navigation...satellite?
[/b]

the navigation is very accurate matt, the only little complaint was is that it the navi system comes with xm traffic and while i was updating the channels and stuff i had to wait to use the navi system because it kept giving me a pop-up saying XM UPDATING it was annoying. once it was complete the system worked beautifully, as a matter of fact i made a delivery of a medication to a paitent about 45 mins away and it was EXTREMELY accurate and worked to perfection! didnt get lost once :D

-n1ghtmare

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
n1ghtmare
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing