Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I don't like the look of the CPE exhaust having only one outlet. I know it is a stupid picky little thing but I cant stand the idea of having 2 holes and only one pipe, looks kinda cheesy if you ask me (but I have spent a decent amount of time on the phone with cpe talking about the advantages of it). Anyway, so I went shopping around, and found a performance shop in town that is going to do a 3" turbo back to 2 2.5" outlets with a cat for only 550 bucks, so very glad I shopped around.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is that ATP will sell you their turbo to V-Band adapter from their downpipe set-up for 95$ if you call and ask them.

Anyone looking for a custom exhaust knows that this is the biggest PIA part of the set-up and is potentialy the most expensive to have it fabbed up. Anyway, ATP made my life alot easiers because not I can go and just get a generic 3" female V-Band pipe and have the cat welded onto it. I would have had no qualms about guying the ATP pipe set-up if it had a cat on it, but I can't justify running a catless car, from an environmental and having to go through emissions standpoint. not to mentions a good high flow cat reduces HP/Tq outpout by almost nothing, while helping to cut back on some of the noise.

so custom dual-outlet turbo back for 6 and change, not bad in my book.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
sounds good to me....

you got a vid?

i'd love to hear how it sounds!

and your from CT too...So am i!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Same here, like to find out what kind of resonators/ mufflers you will be using.
Mandrel or crush bends? Make sure you get some pics while it is on the rack. :D

A vid or at least a sound clip would be appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I went on atp's website and now they list that v-band adapter, they didnt a few days ago lol. Anyway, the exhaust will be done mid next week, so I will get some pictures and sound clips as soon as I can.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
so I went on atp's website and now they list that v-band adapter, they didnt a few days ago lol. Anyway, the exhaust will be done mid next week, so I will get some pictures and sound clips as soon as I can.
[/b]
Nice. I live in derby so your right up the road from me. I have been looking at the magnaflow cat back because I like how it looks stock from the back. However It seems like youve got a much better plan so id like to go that route. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Any word on this? I would like to know...
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts