Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted up about a creaking sound coming from my MS6. It was guesstimated by other to be the alignment screw behind the glove box. But I mentioned it sounding more sinister and almost a weakness in the frame sound. Metallic sounding.

I took the car in to get a new boot since the old one had the typical grease soaking through problem. And told them and showed them the creak sound. They call mazda about nada, again nada so they keep trying to find it. Finally today they send it to a body shop because it has been ID'd as a loose pinch weld or a few of them..

What irked me was the fact that they sent it there w/o ever asking me. So while it sits there over the weekend when they are closed when I could be driving it creak and all I'll be driving a loaner that smells and drives just as bad.

Not to mention the parts I have sitting in my garage that were to go on this weekend. And the near by tire shop that has my rims and snow tires sittings there pissing them off as it wastes their space.

Here's the warning to all, not all creaks are innocent. :swearin:

Car went in on 11/28 7am early estimate on completion: 12/5 evenning. But there is to be no repainting, AMEN

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
i had the something happend to my car. AFter month of ripping the interior apart, found out the rocker panel was rubbing up on the body when i accerated and stopped. Put some WD40 all over the sidesill. I dont know if this is yoru problem but sounds similer to mine.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
@ 15k miles i'm starting to get a lot of creaks myself. i'll look closely at the interior panels. mine comes from the passenger side, floor maybe, or sills.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ 15k miles i'm starting to get a lot of creaks myself. i'll look closely at the interior panels. mine comes from the passenger side, floor maybe, or sills.
[/b]

Sounds like mine, it was definitely more than an interior panel though.

Im just ticked they sent it over to the BS without telling me ahead of time. It wouldnt make a diff if i dropped it back off there on Monday...

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I only have 5k miles on mine but my whole dash creaks in random places. I blame it on cheap hard plastics.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You guys are scaring me.

Mine only has 5,015 miles. No creaking noises at all.

I hope these prove to be isolated, minor issues.

·
Registered
829 Posts
i had the something happend to my car. AFter month of ripping the interior apart, found out the rocker panel was rubbing up on the body when i accerated and stopped. Put some WD40 all over the sidesill. I dont know if this is yoru problem but sounds similer to mine.
[/b]
yeah I think that's my problem. so I have to rip it all apart too? did it fix it completely?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
yeah I think that's my problem. so I have to rip it all apart too? did it fix it completely?
[/b]

yes. sprayed wd40 all over the crack where the sidesills meet the body. Cleaned all the dirt off and stuff. Still haven't changed my driving habits becasue i keep on thinking it might squeak if i give it some gas taking off. =( The plastic squeaking all over the dash is still there though, kinda like the sound when you touch the cup holder door or center console panel.

BTW I dynomatted the hell out of all the doors and rear parcel to try to fix some rattles and surprisingly the stereo sound quality went way up. Didn't think dynamat would make such a difference but i'm a believer now. sounds almost like my old car with a 12inch sub.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just have a god awful door panel rattle when any bass notes hit (stock stereo, bass = +2, volumn = 15) It seems to be where the two pieces of the door panel meet, cause when i pinch them together it stops. Also get really annoying dash rattle once in a while.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YAY! I got the call and I'm picking it up in a few minutes

1 week of repairs to fix a creak sound.. It was tossed around to a third party even which will be covered under warrenty.

Thought I was being cute mentioning the sound as to whats wrong, didn't expect it to take a week and neither did they. Heck they even offered me "are you going to wait for it, we just made a refresh pot of joe..."

Time to instal the new pod, gauge and TMIC :love:

·
Registered
829 Posts
YAY! I got the call and I'm picking it up in a few minutes

1 week of repairs to fix a creak sound.. It was tossed around to a third party even which will be covered under warrenty.

Thought I was being cute mentioning the sound as to whats wrong, didn't expect it to take a week and neither did they. Heck they even offered me "are you going to wait for it, we just made a refresh pot of joe..."

Time to instal the new pod, gauge and TMIC :love:
[/b]

See if you can find out how they fixed the creaking sounds! =) It would make a lot of us happy. Enjoy your car (again).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts