Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, before we had an apparent forum time warp.. there WAS post I made about taking my car into get the clutch replaced at 25K miles, hoping that it would be covered and it WAS.

I am happy. They said, clutch, flywheel and pressure plate, all coming in tomorrow and all under warranty. :):):):):)

I took my car in because of clutch judder, clutch slip, keyless not working, suspension bumps, and bad exhaust smell. Needless to say, most were taken care of even the keyless remote. Nothing was found wrong that would cause the suspension to thump around so not quite sure what will happen with that and they made some recommendations but could not fix (long term wise) the bad exhaust smell, which I already knew they probably couldn’t, just thought I’d see if there was a temporary fix anyway. I will see if I can show the tech if its a warm day, the suspension thump because that worries me a bit. Other then that, very happy. SO happy the clutch is fixed… or will be.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
let me guess,weird thump in the front end taking a turn when the car is coming from an angle?the techs couldn't figure it out on mine and a cpe motor mount fixed the problem.mine came out in pieces.if you choose to do this mod you will be very happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How did u get the dealer to fix the clutch under warranty? You just went to the dealership, told them you had clutch problems, and they fixed it?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Congrats, man! :yesnod: And to the rest of you MTX-ers out there? This is happening more and more. What's in it for you? Everytime they do a clutch over the 12/12 period it "documents" the event as a warranty repair. That makes it a reality that the clutch can be repaired under warranty for the full 3/50 warranty. Period. There's now plenty of threads herein and elsewhere that can be used to support it. Thank you Mazda!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Perhaps mazda has realized what a crappy clutch the car had to begin with.... btw mine was replaced at 25k under warranty.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me guess,weird thump in the front end taking a turn when the car is coming from an angle?the techs couldn't figure it out on mine and a cpe motor mount fixed the problem.mine came out in pieces.if you choose to do this mod you will be very happy.
[/b]

Hmm, well mind goes away when its cooler outside, did you ever notice that on yours? If its like 75+ its REALLY anoying, but now that its in the 50s and even initially during the course of the day when it goes from cool to warm outside, it almost dissapears. I am guessing this is why they could not replicate it as they did the eval early in the morning.

How did u get the dealer to fix the clutch under warranty? You just went to the dealership, told them you had clutch problems, and they fixed it?
[/b]

I just told them I had pleanty of other cars without any clutch issues with WAY more miles and that it was odd that it would go out that early on a low miles car. I showed them the TSB and they took a look at it and fixed it without a hassle. My clutch was actually slipping though so they could easily reproduce the problem by hitting the gas in a high gear at low RPM. I asked later if they noticed anything odd or why it would wear out so fast and they said that it did not look abused and that they assumed the pressure plate was at fault from the factory.

I would gather up all these posts where the warranty repair WAS done and make a case for it. I was prepared to do it but didnt have to luckily.

The thing that worries me is the service advisor thinks they used the same one again, or the same type which means it will just go out again. I was hopeing that by now there was a revised better material one. I guess there could be that there is a revised one but that the model and part number stayed unchanged. Oh well, im good for another 20K alteast (I HOPE!)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good for you Rox. I'm glad to see that people are actually beating the warranty guidelines on clutch repairs. It seems that the clutch kit mazda used is extremely faulty. I'm getting the repair done at my own expense as we speak. I do plan on collecting my old parts and hopefully getting reimbursed later for the repair when Mazda realizes the problem. I'm sure that this is the most difficult way to make mazda pay for the repair though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts