Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I finally got around to taking some pics of my carpc. Its a 7" touchscreen Lilliput, connected to a Dell. In the process of moving to a laptop under the front seat.

Pics didnt turn so good, but let me know what you think. These just show the front end running.

Last pic I thought just looked cool, inside my garage and it was still reflecting like that. And in the hidden screen pic you can see my cables I added today for a hook up to an XBOX

[attachmentid=13277]
[attachmentid=13278]
[attachmentid=13279]
[attachmentid=13280]
[attachmentid=13281]
[attachmentid=13282]
[attachmentid=13283]

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks good. how much was that screen?
[/b]
Got it for $251 at mp3car.com

that phone option in the second pic...........is it connected with Bluetooth?....
[/b]
Yes, I am going to intergrated to the Bluetooth adapter. Havent tackled that yet

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got it for $251 at mp3car.com
Yes, I am going to intergrated to the Bluetooth adapter. Havent tackled that yet
[/b]
Nice looking setup exactly what I was thinking about doing in my 6. Have a few questions for ya, what did you go with for a PC? Where did you mount it and how did you choose to power it?

Which screen did you go with? I like how you can still close the Map Pocket so everything is hidden, how did you got about setting it up so you can do that still?

Also how did you handle sound? Looks like you are still using the stock HU / Amp and such.

I'm looking at installing a car PC, new speakers, amps, and adding in GPS also, hadn't thought about bluetooth being an option, is their software around that allows for that to work (bluetooth phone to PC adapter) to transfer the sound?

Sorry for all the questions, looks great!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking setup exactly what I was thinking about doing in my 6. Have a few questions for ya, what did you go with for a PC? Where did you mount it and how did you choose to power it?

Which screen did you go with? I like how you can still close the Map Pocket so everything is hidden, how did you got about setting it up so you can do that still?

Also how did you handle sound? Looks like you are still using the stock HU / Amp and such.

I'm looking at installing a car PC, new speakers, amps, and adding in GPS also, hadn't thought about bluetooth being an option, is their software around that allows for that to work (bluetooth phone to PC adapter) to transfer the sound?

Sorry for all the questions, looks great!!
[/b]

Well at first I was running a Dell PC, and powering with an Inverter. And it was mounted in the trunk. But that was a pain in the ass. So I traded my Dell for a Powerbook with a bad screen. Then I mounted it under the passenger seat and its connected via an inverter. As soon as I get in and start the car I hit the power switch on the inverter and BAM the sound starts playing and the screen comes alive. If I shut off the car the MAC loses power and goes to sleep, all said and done it takes about 3 seconds to go to the music or menu!!! Best move I have made.

The screen is a lilliput 7" touchscreen. I took out the map pocket and had to dremel the brackets in the back to allow enough travel.

Sound is done via the AUX mod, that I simply plug into the MAC and it sounds awesome

Bluetooth - Like I said I am still trying to attack that

ALL and ALL - the mac rocks, bad things is not that many Mac carpc's so front ends are limited. there are a couple people working on some things so as soon as those get done I would recommend this to anyone!!

I will snap some diffrent pics tonight with the MAC

·
Registered
292 Posts
nice install!!! i've seen you around the mp3car.com forums. good to see everything went well...

just curious... i have that same screen and put it in the map pocket as well. but how exactly did you mount it? i just have a piece of velcro running along the top edge of the monitor. works pretty well, but now the the weather is getting warmer, the adhesive is starting to lose its effect.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice install!!! i've seen you around the mp3car.com forums. good to see everything went well...

just curious... i have that same screen and put it in the map pocket as well. but how exactly did you mount it? i just have a piece of velcro running along the top edge of the monitor. works pretty well, but now the the weather is getting warmer, the adhesive is starting to lose its effect.
[/b]
thanks! Yeah alot of good info on MP3car

I am still monkeying around with a way to mount it! I am waiting for lapis to get done with his creation. I have tried velco, I have tried hinges, nothing seems to work well. If I find something I will let you know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now you got my wheels turning. I just got a free laptop with a broken screen and could do just about the same thing. However for the kids in the back they wouldnt be able to see the screen in the dash. So with that being said I would prolly either
a) have a non permanent mount that i could attach to the armrest

b) install additional units in the headrest.

Are there links out there for the DIYers for the headrest screen?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
From what I understand in terms of headrest screens your better off buying them with the TVs already installed. Another option like you said, would be to use the strap-on ones that wrap around the head rests.

BTW looks very nice bootsie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
4U2NV
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing