Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serious post. Really.

So after owning my Speed6 for about 6 weeks, I've noticed that every time I drive the car for any length of time, my left butt aches. I know the clutch is a little heavy, but it's not THAT heavy. I've fiddled with the seat adjustments endlessly and it hasn't changed anything.

I'm pretty normal sized - 5'11" 170#. I've owned a ton of cars and not had this problem before, only in my 6. If it were a weak glute, then using it daily should make it stronger and solve the problem, but apparently it's not a muscle problem.

Anyone else have this problem, or have any ideas on how to solve it? I can't continue to own a car that's this uncomfortable to drive.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Serious post. Really.

So after owning my Speed6 for about 6 weeks, I've noticed that every time I drive the car for any length of time, my left butt aches. I know the clutch is a little heavy, but it's not THAT heavy. I've fiddled with the seat adjustments endlessly and it hasn't changed anything.

I'm pretty normal sized - 5'11" 170#. I've owned a ton of cars and not had this problem before, only in my 6. If it were a weak glute, then using it daily should make it stronger and solve the problem, but apparently it's not a muscle problem.

Anyone else have this problem, or have any ideas on how to solve it? I can't continue to own a car that's this uncomfortable to drive.[/b]
I think it's time to hit the gym and work out your glutes....Pansy
I have no issues with my seat...Do you have the leather seats or cloth?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've had mine a little over a year. no problems here.

you may consider emptying your pockets, especially anything from your back pockets on longer trips.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Right butt, eh? I only have one butt, and the seat actually makes it feel really nice, especially with the heat on. One of the most comfortable sportier driver seats I have ever had. BMW 330i M sport package was more comfortable, but only because it had adjustible leg extension.

Maybe there is something inside of your seat poking the cushion from underneath. Maybe a drug dealer owned/drive your car before you and there is like 2 kilos of coke in your seat.

·
Registered
488 Posts
No problem here, I have driven as much as 800 miles in one day, several 600 mile days and a couple 350 mile days. I have no problem with the seat. I find that I start out with the seat bottom cushion tilted too far back and am more comfortable when I tilt the lower cushion forward. I find that car very comfortable, I always remove the wallet. I have not done a steady stint of stop and go, it may be muscle tone? When I get in my MX5 the clutch feels like it is broken because it is so light.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah it sounds like you have three options... adjust your clutch, spend some time on the stationary bike and the treadmill, or get a different car. I think the last option is pretty extreme.

Serious post. Really.

Anyone else have this problem, or have any ideas on how to solve it? I can't continue to own a car that's this uncomfortable to drive.[/b]

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I am a little dissappointed with the speed6 seats although they do not give me butt aches :laugh:
Coming from my GTO which has awesome bucket seats....

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sometimes my Vagina hurts when I drive for a long time, but I think that is more a function of my recreational use of tampons rather than the car, but in the end I guess I am pretty cluless so just get used to ignoring my posts from here on out.[/b]
God you finally posted something honest and heart felt in a true attempt to HELP someone rather than demean them for no apparent reason, You're making progress little grasshopper!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I think it's time to hit the gym and work out your glutes....Pansy
I have no issues with my seat...Do you have the leather seats or cloth?[/b]
Your doing it again......

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Serious post. Really.

Every few months I have 400 mile days in my speed6 (sport) and I think I know exactly what you're getting at. After a few hours I have to constantly move around to keep from feeling uncomfortable.

I know it's not a glute strength problem (competed at collegiate nationals for track and field), I think it might just be hard to find a good position that is initially comfortable and then also long-haul comfortable.

I've found that if I keep the seat tilted up a bit more, so that I'm not as sunken down into it, it keeps me from getting uncomfortable.

·
Registered
862 Posts
1. Take anything out of you back pockets for long trips.
2. Adjust your seat.

I've never had a sore ass but after being in stop and go traffic with stupid people on the road I have had a sore leg and a strange urge to run people over. I love Maryland

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
sounds like you sit unevenly proportioned weight wise. try sitting more straight up, and not so much like a G. seriously though. i noticed i sat leaning toward the center of the vehicle. killed my ass and lower back. had to change the way i sat.

·
Registered
176 Posts
hm, maybe is not the car...i know its a bit off, but....are you gay by any chance? that could be the problem...

i had horrible leg cramp that did go away for like a day and a half during my first week with the speed....i seriously couldnt drive lol

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
hm, maybe is not the car...i know its a bit off, but....are you gay by any chance? that could be the problem...

i had horrible leg cramp that did go away for like a day and a half during my first week with the speed....i seriously couldnt drive lol[/b]
That was just uncalled for. Was it really necessary to make that comment? This is a new member who is seeking help from us, not an unprovoked gay-bashing.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
That was just uncalled for. Was it really necessary to make that comment? This is a new member who is seeking help from us, not an unprovoked gay-bashing.[/b]
I believe it was a very failed attempt at humor is his defense - just do a post search under his SN.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I tend to lean inward as well - try to keep your back straight and your lower back supported. I've never really felt any pain, but it can get uncomfortable on one side i guess. Not quite the same issue - but maybe it's possible. I find that the side bolster support is lacking but the shoulder support is too tight.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Maybe you have some sort of nerve or tissue damage in your butt cheek that is exacerbated by the way you sit in the car?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Well, there have been a few threads in the interior mods section where posters indicated the side bolsters on non-Mazdaspeed 6 cars have broken. It could be possible this same issue has befallen your car. It can't hurt to take it to the dealer.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.