Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
That shit looks good! I had this idea a few weeks ago and after seeing the vid I'm totally doing it. How did you mask off the circles?

·
Registered
652 Posts
That shit looks good! I had this idea a few weeks ago and after seeing the vid I'm totally doing it. How did you mask off the circles?
I would suggest using sheet tint vs spray tint. With the spray tint, it can come out splotchy and uneven at times. The fade rate could be an issue as well (the old spray had this issue not sure of any new spray). With head/tail light tint that is in sheets, it will come out so much better and last longer (up to 5 years). Once on, you can find a cup or something that is the same diameter as the reverse and turn spots to put on the light to trace a blade around for the cutouts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually used the but nightshades on my WRX back when I still had it. It was super dark and then I cleared it with rustoleum clear spray and it looked soooo good. I have tint wrap vinyl at my shop so I may try that stuff first cause if I don't like it I can just take it off. I think it's 25 or 30 percent tinted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts