Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hasn't been proven! He's a legend and everyone, including those that HATE him, can't deny it!

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, Very nice stitch work!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Hasn't been proven! He's a legend and everyone, including those that HATE him, can't deny it!
[/b]

OK, Cleopatra.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, Very nice stitch work!
[/b]
i deny it

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I love how the media (espn, national, and local news) keeps giving him all this exposure for his 'accomplishment' in a sarcastic way

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I hope, before his career comes to a conclusion, people will find out the true facts whether it be he cheated by using performance enhancing stuff, or perhaps, he didnt and the prestige of baseball can survive another beating. I would love to see him exonerated of all the different steroid accusations and go into the hall of fame as the greatest power hitter or some shit, however, we all know that it wont happen, guilty or not. The asterik will always exist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You say he didn't cheat?? Well then look at this freaking first few years in the league then when he was 37. He blew up. A Human head does NOT grow in size once you reach a certain age. I mean I guess you could attribute that to his huge ass EGO and him being full of himself, but that will only get you a half size at best not that big a gain he had. Also, when you are 37 its hard as hell to balloon up like he did. After the age of 25 a typical person starts to lose 1 lb of muscle a year, not put on 5 lbs of muscle per year. SO to grow to the size that he did in a season is complete and utter bullshit. Its cheating and he deserves to get banned just like Pete Rose.

Though Pete rose only bet on baseball, this asshole Bonds cheated while he was playing, which is way worse than what Pete did. BAN HIM FOR LIFE. STrip away his HR's and stuff.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
he's a wallhacker, check his configs

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
It isn't cheating if you don't break the rules.

While there may be enough evidence to say he used steroids at some point, there is no proof he used steroids after they were banned. (I say 'may' because I don't trust people that are accused of a crime that then turn canary in order to get a lighter sentence. You can't always trust people to tell the truth when their skin can be saved by a lie.)

In fact, all the evidence (a lot of testing) proves he hasn't used steroids since the rules change. Therefore he is not 'a cheat' in the context of Baseball. Whether he used them prior to their being banned is irrelevant.
He may potentially be a lawbreaker for using illegal drugs - assuming anyone can prove he knowingly took an illegal substance, which still hasn't been proven anywhere by anyone. But he is not a cheat under the rules of Baseball.

Tell the truth: People don't dislike Bonds because he may have used steroids. That's just an excuse to justify what they've always felt about him.

People dislike Bonds because he is and has always been an arrogant asshole - which is also not against any Baseball rules I know of.

:)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I agree with you with the exception of the term arrogant. Many people mistake confidence as arrogance. In time we shall learn how the league will handle all of the attention placed on Barry Bonds. I find it very amusing that by me being a fan sparked so much outrage from others.

Even with all the foot stomping comments about Mr. Bonds, he will forever be in the history books of Major League Baseball. The constant spotlight and media attention, along with the countless records he holds has made him a legend. Regardless of the outcome, that fact will remain.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Steriods have long (if not always) been a banned substance in Major League baseball, even if the latest rules essentially removed obvious loopholes for subatances which were used as grey area. This is not a criminal trial, and the preponderance of the evidence suggests Bonds used substances which were banned at the time he used them. In the absence of proof to the contrary, I believe Bonds should be banned.

Oh, and that's definitely not confidence...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Steriods have long (if not always) been a banned substance in Major League baseball, even if the latest rules essentially removed obvious loopholes for subatances which were used as grey area. This is not a criminal trial, and the preponderance of the evidence suggests Bonds used substances which were banned at the time he used them. In the absence of proof to the contrary, I believe Bonds should be banned.

Oh, and that's definitely not confidence...
[/b]
Actually, CERTAIN steroids were banned, but had absolutely no punishment associated with them. You can't apply new rules retroactively to past behavior. If you do, then Ty Cobb should be removed from the Hall of Fame because he was a bigot. And in general the Hall will be curiously empty and the record books short of a lot of records.

Other steroid-like substances and artificial 'steroids', items that have been mentioned along with Mr. Bonds, were not banned until 2003. Bonds has never been accused of using any substance that was banned by baseball at the time he was supposedly using them. Instead, the accusations are about substances that were banned by law. IF it is proven that he knowingly took an illegal substance under US or State's laws, Baseball may be able to take action against him under their rules of off-field conduct, but once again - these by definition do not involve "cheating." (It would be the same rules under which Darryl Strawberry was suspended from Baseball.)

Once again: Bonds did not "cheat."

And ZZD is right - it was definitely NOT confidence. He was arrogant. To a fault, I may add.
:D

Oh, just to keep it on topic - really nice job on the hat. And if anything is done at all, that may be the only thing that will be done. But as we've seen in the past - asterix' don't seem to stay in the record books forever.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
This is a very sore subject with me, being a former ball player.

I say let him finsh his career, or least until definitively something is proven (which I believe it is). It's no mystery that Bonds did steroids, just look at the size of him when he first came in ('87 I believe), he was probably about 35lbs lighter, then reference this little tidbit against his homer progression and escalating alleged steroid use and the answer is simple.

What I find disgusting and unnerving is that you have one of baseball's best batsmen (Pete Rose) banned for life for doing something, that honestly, in any other sport than baseball, would be a slap on the wrist. He didn't cheat, like Bonds, he didn't fix the game, like the 'ol skool WhiteSox, but he did do something that tarnishes the legacy of baseball (but wait, hasn't setroids done this on an even more extreme level?)!

All, I have to say is that it's no coincedence that he makes 20 million a year in contract, but only $500K in endorsements...everyone hates this guy!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
24 Participants
Bfrere
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing