1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife and i both have a new vehicle and work at the same place so one of the vegicles is always sitting... 2 payments and 2 insurances just does not make sence.... Hers is a 2005 Jeep Liberty so it is more benefitial to us to get rid of the Mazda..... I dont like it but right now its just money not well spent....

·
Registered
856 Posts
Liberty, beneficial?

Sorry, dont mean to bash. I just despise those vehicles. I had one as a rental once. Now if you were talking Cheorkee SRT-8 I would have nothing to say. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
I traded in a Jeep Liberty for the speed 6 :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Liberty, beneficial?

Sorry, dont mean to bash. I just despise those vehicles. I had one as a rental once. Now if you were talking Cheorkee SRT-8 I would have nothing to say. :)
[/b]
<----

Why, they are great, capable vehicles (even a Mazda 6 in rental form blows). Both of my Jeeps have been fantastic vehicles, never having any issues. They even take head on collisions well (when others decide to cross the center line)...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sorry, dont mean to bash. I just despise those vehicles.[/b]
I drove a friend's Liberty on occasion and it wasn't fun. Just didn't feel safe even on dry pavement - handling was sloppy, engine was wheezy and the brakes were spongy. The gas mileage made the MS6 look like a Prius. The only saving grace was the exterior appearance.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I drove a friend's Liberty on occasion and it wasn't fun. Just didn't feel safe even on dry pavement - handling was sloppy, engine was wheezy and the brakes were spongy. The gas mileage made the MS6 look like a Prius. The only saving grace was the exterior appearance.
[/b]
i would have to agree, i drove a friend of mine's liberty....could not stand driving it. no offence to the owners of ones... just my opinion on them!

·
Registered
990 Posts
did you seriously put down $7200 on a lease? :huh: Even if that was your trade-in, this sounds like a bad idea. You're still out $5K if someone agrees to your terms.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
did you seriously put down $7200 on a lease? :huh: Even if that was your trade-in, this sounds like a bad idea. You're still out $5K if someone agrees to your terms.
[/b]
:laugh:

·
Registered
651 Posts
[/b]
Sorry, but it's not a contest in gas mileage. My 5 speed Jeep is getting 21 MPG in city/highway (that's with M/T tires, off road lights, a basket, and full armor underneath) and the MS6 is only getting 19 to 20. A Prius the MS6 is not...plus the fact this needs primo gas makes your story look even more like BS. I own both, I check every time I fill them...don't try to tell me you know better.

As for handling, duh, it's a Jeep. Few inches of snow on the ground the MS6 drives like a reject on ice skates compared to the Libby.

If I could only have one car, I'd say good-bye to the Jeep...but I could give a nice argument for going the other way too. If my homeland was in the great white north, the MS6 would be history...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sorry, but it's not a contest in gas mileage. My 5 speed Jeep is getting 21 MPG in city/highway (that's with M/T tires, off road lights, a basket, and full armor underneath) and the MS6 is only getting 19 to 20. A Prius the MS6 is not...plus the fact this needs primo gas makes your story look even more like BS. I own both, I check every time I fill them...don't try to tell me you know better.
[/b]

Yes, the Prius comparison was a blatant exaggeration. The Liberty was a 2002 Limited automatic 4wd and on the same long drive it was getting 19 mpg on the trip computer where I pulled 25MPG overall - 30% better - premium only costs ~7% more than regular.

·
Registered
149 Posts
(even a Mazda 6 in rental form blows). [/b]
Not really contradicting you but the reason I bought a speed6 was because my wife rented a 6 in New York and loved it, said it really was like the commercials, zoom zoom fun to drive. Of' course she was used to driving a ford taurus.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yes, the Prius comparison was a blatant exaggeration. The Liberty was a 2002 Limited automatic 4wd and on the same long drive it was getting 19 mpg on the trip computer where I pulled 25MPG overall - 30% better - premium only costs ~7% more than regular.
[/b]
Hmmm, Limited's are listed as getting 22/23 on the highway...I know I usually pull about 24 with the manual. Maybe that '02 needs a tune up :D

Not really contradicting you but the reason I bought a speed6 was because my wife rented a 6 in New York and loved it, said it really was like the commercials, zoom zoom fun to drive. Of' course she was used to driving a ford taurus.
[/b]
Usually rentals are stripped down, hub capped versions of what most enthusiasts would purchase. However, now that you mention it, the wagon 6 I rented in Boston was pretty nice with a V6 as well. But even though, it still had an automatic :nana:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts