Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting at a red light this morning on the way to work. All of a sudden *WHAM* glass shatters everywhere. Some idiot in his F350 rear ends me. I never heard screeching tires or anything. The car drives but the frame is damaged. This Friday would have made 2 weeks of me having the car.

I'm crushed :(:(:tear::tear::tear::tear:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will go after his insurance to see what's up. since he's at fault I should be covered. it looks like damage to the frame (I'm told that can get it totalled). Yes, I do want another 6. someone had one for sale on the side of the road, but it's already gone. I had the car less than two weeks, that's what makes me so mad!!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'd be sure to push for the car being totalled if you're going to get all of your money back for the car. You DO NOT want to even bother repairing the car if there is potential frame damage.

If the car flexed enough for the rear window to shatter, it sounds like it might be bent to hell.

·
Registered
319 Posts
that really sucks! sorry to hear about this. hopefully youre ok, if you arent, get a good lawyer, seriously do it. im tired of dealing with idiot drivers and insurance agencies (theirs and mine).

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow..i feel your pain..even though my 6 injury is just a scratch compared to yours...i hope you're ok..and like everyone else said, make sure they pay you in full!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the insurance adjuster from his insurance has already called today. I've been sleeping off the meds, and I'm in pain today.

Should I get one of those auto accident lawyers first? I've never had to do a claim before.

·
Registered
319 Posts
figured you would be in pain. something like this usually takes a day to hit you (no pun intended). fortunately for me i had a good recommendation to a lawyer. i would ask around for one. im sure you know somebody that has used one before. and dont give the other insurance any info, like a statement. they can and will use it against you, even tho you were just sitting there. thats why we pay lawyers to handle this type of bs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got a lawyer. they have already totalld the car and the lady seemed kinda agressive to me in getting me to sign the papers to turn the car over to salvage. and what they are offering wont pay off the car. and they want me to turn in the rental. he hits me, and now they want me to walk? I told her any other request can goto the lawyer. I dont see how its fair that i'm walking cause he hit me! and his truck didnt even have a scratch

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and today i'm in more pain than the day of the accident. I'm just getting out of bed (was hungry)

I'm just so pissed off about this

·
Registered
203 Posts
You will be in pain for at least a couple weeks. When I was rear-ended in my 98 Avenger, the traffic on the highway was stopped, and the guy behind was going about 45 and used me to stop. Since you have a lawyer involved, let them do all the dealing with the other party's insurance. Otherwise I would say let your insurance company handle it, I have had to claim first with my insurance then let them go after the other guy. But since you have a lawyer best leave it to them. Good luck, sorry about you getting fucked over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts