Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
It's not just a goalie.... tho...
Whole team sucked... then again there's still a hope.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I've always been a clout supporter... the team seems to play better with him in net. We had a great start until he got injuried. But I think this is his last year here

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I hope they lose tonight cause I tired of getting my hopes up to see if they make the playoffs. Even if they make the playoffs i think they are not gonna pass the first round cause well the team sucks. First and third line are crap. No contributions other than the Sedin's line. There somethign wrong with the first line. I have heard Bert. and Crawford don't get along no more aspecially after the Moore incident.

It kinda depressing when finally the sedins line are scoring and the west coast express is kaput. If those 2 lines were playing good they would be up there.

Yes you are right. It seems the team plays better when Cloutier is in net like they feel more comfy with him behind the net. Auld lets in weak goals at certain times but he also plays good. It scary to see him handle the puck sometimes but he still young. For now he a very good backup goalie. Noronen i think Crawford not even gonna bother with him.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If Vancouver gets in the playoffs, they will meet Detroit in the first round (correct?).

Do they stand a chance? (Does Edmonton stand a chance either?)

I will cheer for any Western Canadian teams in the playoffs til the bitter end, but I think Detroit is too good for either of these teams.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
yeah ... how disappointing and depressing! I guess my canucks car flag will stay in the closet another year :tear:

Now the question is, does Nonis explode the core? I hope not, I think missing the playoffs this year is a serious wake-up call and with a Clouts/Auld tandam healthy we'll take the division back! But I guess that's wishful thinking :laugh:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spring=NHL playoffs

I'm rooting for Ottawa. I put 200 bucks on them at 7 to 2. Pays out 700 if they win the Cup. Online gaming.

Looks like tommorrow is Linden's farewell.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Now for something a little different:

Crow's gone...tough call but it was bound to happen. Don't get me wrong now, though he was a great coach, IMHO he could not get the guys motivated to win in the offseason...look at the last three post seasons we did make, and how far we went...second round at best? Most of the teams we played there (except those trap-loving Wild Bastards!) were destroyed by the Canucks in the regular season, but were taking it to us in the playoffs.

This year was a write off at two points: first, when Clouts got hurt cause at that time they expected miracles from a goalie who played a total of 28 (I think? maybe 35) NHL games. You wonder why Auld let in soft goals? Cause he was too inexperienced to do what needed to be done, yet Crow expected him to be a new Kipprosoff...Secondly, once we heard Nazzy was injured in February we were definetely done. If he said it was something minor, then you knew it was serious cause that guy would play through broken bones if he could. You saw it at the end there, where he said he played most of the season injured...

So who's next on the chopping block:
- Cloutier: Staying. He has one year left in his contract and we would get jack squat for him considering how little he played and how often he's been injured. On the plus side, being that it's his final year, he's got something to prove!
- Linden: I think they'll give the guy one more year to win the Cup with us before they axe him. He'll take a pay cut but at the end of the day, he's given so much to this town (plus he's a dynamite Penalty Killer!) that they gotta give him that shot.
- Morrison: DUMP HIM! I know he's from BC and all (I live in Maple Ridge and work with one of his aunts) but good god, if he was anymore useless last year, he'd have been a pylon (or Dana Murzyn...whichever's worse!).
- Jovonaski: Again (and I'm going to be hated for this) DUMP HIM! He is a great offensive defenceman, but a bad defenceman! If he was a forward he'd kick ass, but as a defender, you'd need to use a lot of hands to count how many bad defensive plays he's made to cost us goals. If you're gonna come back with the others who've done it, that's fine, but Jovo's a DEFENCEman....defence being the operative word!
Do a sign and trade Jovo and Morrison for Marty St. Louis or Brad Richards in Tampa (and some small timer) then try and sign Zdeno Chara after Ottawa wins the cup!

For the others...I'll wait to see what people have to say to my BS! :thefing:

Peace out,

Dave

·
Registered
274 Posts
Most of the teams we played there (except those trap-loving Wild Bastards!) were destroyed by the Canucks in the regular season, but were taking it to us in the playoffs. [/b]
WILD Bastards eh?
GO WILD. Remember a couple of years ago, when the Wild came back from down 3-1 to Vancouver, to winning the series in 7 games..... ahhh, that was sweet. That must have stung.

But my Wild stunk it up this year too. Although they didn't completely die at the end of the season like your Canucks, seriously, what the hell happened?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
the wilds can't play the trap affectively with the new rules in the NHL. i hope they change their stragedy for the games maybe Gaborik might stay or go to Vancouver :p .

supposely bertuzzi and crawford did not get along at all during the whole season and that screw up the team. seem like noone listen to the coach at times. i have a feeling bertuzzi might be back next season now that crawford is gone and he has one more year left in his contract.

but if bertuzzi gets traded that frees up $5.3million? to sign jovo. jovo likes one of the best D on the canucks. it's not that he sucks at defense but he likes to do those high risk passes which sometimes makes me shake my head. i like him to actually skate up with the puck more with his good speed before passing it off.

morrison sadly i think won't be back. he had a really bad season. he defintely not a #1 center but like a #2 center but that is already taken by hendrik sedin so i don't see him back. kesler shows some promise to be a good center but he still too young.

ruutu i like to see leave. sure he entertains but he takes stupid penalty costing the canucks on penalty kill and having naslund and bert to sit more not like they were producing anyways.

as for the goalie that's a tough situation. noronen, auld, and cloutier. we already waste a draft pick to get noronen so i see cloutier leaving. that's too bad cause Dan the man.

·
Registered
157 Posts
WILD Bastards eh?
GO WILD. Remember a couple of years ago, when the Wild came back from down 3-1 to Vancouver, to winning the series in 7 games..... ahhh, that was sweet. That must have stung.

But my Wild stunk it up this year too. Although they didn't completely die at the end of the season like your Canucks, seriously, what the hell happened?
[/b]
The Minnesota Mild are the most BORING team to watch... I think that they should give you free Red Bull for every ticket that you buy so that you can stay awake.

Trap hockey sucks!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Unfreakin believable... Edmonton eliminated Detroit in 6 games!

I'm happy for the city of edmonton, it must be party central there!

Now if Calgary can put away the ducks, and Ottawa come out of the east, we're have a high chance an all canadian stanley cup! Yay!

I've found one thing that sucks worse than being a Canucks fan at this time of the year... being a Wings fan! :nana:

First Detroit gets beat up by the Asian imports, now they get they butts handed to them on a plate by a Canadian Team

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quoting from Drew6:
"But my Wild stunk it up this year too. Although they didn't completely die at the end of the season like your Canucks, seriously, what the hell happened?"

Yes, your Wild sucked from the getgo and couldn't get jack together the enitre season!

First Detroit gets beat up by the Asian imports, now they get they butts handed to them on a plate by a Canadian Team
[/b]
Ain't that the truth. And I see someone didn't like my comment about the Wild. Well tough luck; as a Canadian, there's nothing that offends me more than seeing hockey played like a bunch of pussies, especially from a hockey town like Minnisota (or however you spell it!)...

With the Bertuzzi/Crawford thing, I think that it was the talk of The Province. That paper is so much gossip that you couldn't get facts from there if they were published by Statistics Canada. The paper is garbage and I only read it for the comics. Bert and Crawford may have had problems or they may not have. That is totally irrelevant now. I'm not going to disagree with Ichi too much, but really, I know it's painful to do but when you think about the stress Bert was on from the (multiple) Moore court case(s), plus getting booed in every single city he went to (right up till April!) it's eventually gonna wear a guy down.

Morrison's done, finsihed, sayonara! Too little, too late. He hasn't shown he can play effectively here past that one season.

I like Jovo, but I don't think with only two other solid defencemen (Ohlund & Salo) we can afford Jovo's risks. If we had more from Allen, Bieksa, etc., then maybe but those guys need to show their stuff first. Jovo can garner us a lot. On top of all that, the big money teams (Rangers anyone?) are going to put up big cash for him, simply becuase he's a name in the league, and the Canucks will not pay dedicate that much of the salary cap to one player. Bert was more an exception than anything else, because he played in such a dominating manner that year they signed the contract. Plus, he may not have had the best season this year, but with 25 goals and 46 assists, 71 points on a half-assed season is not too bad. Carter was our leading scorer with 33 goals, but he only had 55 points on the season. Naslund played most of the season with that abdominal/groin injury and still managed 79 points. So really, for the entire city to hate on Bert because he "didn't play up to par" is completely unfair to him.

And that, my friends, is all I have to say about that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
Ichi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing