Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I promised some of you some pictures of my car and finally got the chance to take them now that I just installed the new tires. Here's a complete list of what I've done so far to my princess:

Additions
OEM Splash Guards (Front and Rear)

Exchanges
OEM All-Weather Floor Mats
4 Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/45ZR18 100Y XL

Modifications
Dark Shadow Grey OEM 18 Inch Wheels
Dark Shadow Grey OEM Badges and Emblem
Black Matte OEM Fog Light Casing
Kona Blue OEM Wheel Jaws

With optical zoom

Standard

Standard

Standard

With optical zoom

Standard

Standard

Standard

With optical zoom

With optical zoom

With optical zoom

With optical zoom

With optical zoom

With flash

With flash

I have a whole lot of ideas on future enhancements, though any suggestions are of course appreciated. Thanks for looking!

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,540 Posts
Looks great!

So the 245/45s have not presented a problem yet? No rubbing?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
looks nice! where are you from?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Mz6GreyGhost absolutely no rubbing whatsoever, in fact, due to the increased tire section width and sidewall height, I'm getting unparallelled performance, being much better handling, comfort, grip, and driving pleasure. It even looks much better on the car which is an extra bonus. Besides, Pilot Super Sport is currently one of the best Summer tires currently out there, I'm pretty much speechless about the improvement this tire has provided, everything feels so much better, like driving a luxury car with all the efficiency of a sports car. I got an awesome deal of 4 tires for nearly $1000, I absolutely recommend these tires to anyone who has enough budget to spare and the same wheels as me.

6Y MAZDA, thanks for asking, I'm from Monterrey, Mexico. Streets here are crap pretty much everywhere, this is why I can't really afford to lower the car, so instead, my top priority was getting much better tires.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,540 Posts
Mz6GreyGhost absolutely no rubbing whatsoever, in fact, due to the increased tire section width and sidewall height, I'm getting unparallelled performance, being much better handling, comfort, grip, and driving pleasure. It even looks much better on the car which is an extra bonus. Besides, Pilot Super Sport is currently one of the best Summer tires currently out there, I'm pretty much speechless about the improvement this tire has provided, everything feels so much better, like driving a luxury car with all the efficiency of a sports car. I got an awesome deal of 4 tires for nearly $1000, I absolutely recommend these tires to anyone who has enough budget to spare and the same wheels as me.
Excellent news! I won't be going for the summer tires, since they can't work up here in snow belt, but the 245/45s fitting is excellent news. There's actually more (and better) choices in that size compared to OEM.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent news! I won't be going for the summer tires, since they can't work up here in snow belt, but the 245/45s fitting is excellent news. There's actually more (and better) choices in that size compared to OEM.
That's great, though it's too bad you can't go with summer tires, still you will indeed feel a solid difference with this size, aside from the fact that your wheels will be much more protected. By the way, 1010Tires currently has a promotion, though I doubt it's that good since their tires are usually high priced. Tyrereviews can greatly help you in deciding which tire is more convenient for you, take a look here, here, and here. Once you decided on an specific tire, get back to me and I'll assist you in finding the best deal. Good luck. [:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Aldo, great looking rims and tires.
Very glad that you do not have any rubbing too :)
Could you make one more picture from back of the car, where two tires with back fender will be seen too. I want to put 235/50r17 on my M6 for better handling so you pics will help :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yeah, the wheel color looks good with that blue.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wow that ended up looking really great. I also wanted to say thanks for showing off that matte black fog housing. I've been wanting to do that forever but couldn't get a good picture in my head of exactly how it would affect the look of the car. I'm glad to say it looks sick.

·
Super Moderator
17,514 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts