Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My antenna broke and hit the rear window when my GPS registered 243 km/ h during this weeks autobahn ride.

This was not a nice experience and I wonder if any other had similar problems!!!!!!!!!!

/Hakan

Mazda 6 MPS -06

·
Registered
315 Posts
My antenna broke and hit the rear window when my GPS registered 243 km/ h during this weeks autobahn ride.

This was not a nice experience and I wonder if any other had similar problems!!!!!!!!!!

/Hakan

Mazda 6 MPS -06
[/b]

Try and get that fixed under warranty!

·
Registered
922 Posts
151.875 mph eh? not bad... shit on that fuck ass antenna, buy a stubby and be done with it...

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would trade my antenna for a weekly autobahn drive any day... I do know that our antenna starts whipping the back window at high speeds, so it breaking does seem possible. I would replace it with a stubby or shark fin if you are driving at high speeds often.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would trade my antenna for a weekly autobahn drive any day... I do know that our antenna starts whipping the back window at high speeds, so it breaking does seem possible. I would replace it with a stubby or shark fin if you are driving at high speeds often.
[/b]
no problems with the Oz MPS seeing as we don't have an antenna :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Now you have an excuse to get the shark fin.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree. I would have loved to see that passing me at 150 mph. I have noticed that on my Speed6 that once you hit the higher speed, it will twirl in the wind. I took mine to 140 and thought it was going to break. But definately get the shark fin or stubby. It will not break or bend like the ones we have on our cars now.

·
Registered
231 Posts

/Hakan

Mazda 6 MPS -06
[/b]
I think you should try to get it replaced under warranty. The tires are Z rated to whatever speed that is and the car is obviously capable of the speed you were travelling at. If the hood happened to fly off at that speed, then I think they would have to replace it under warranty (and reupholster the front seat from the big brown spot left there).

They really don't need to know how fast you were going. It's not really any of their business. That is if you really want that antenna back anyway which sounds like the wrong way to go. Maybe just get it to have/resell.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think you should try to get it replaced under warranty. The tires are Z rated to whatever speed that is and the car is obviously capable of the speed you were travelling at. If the hood happened to fly off at that speed, then I think they would have to replace it under warranty (and reupholster the front seat from the big brown spot left there).

They really don't need to know how fast you were going. It's not really any of their business. That is if you really want that antenna back anyway which sounds like the wrong way to go. Maybe just get it to have/resell.
[/b]
There is no speedlimit on Autobahn in Germany so if Mazda build a car that can go as fast as +150mph the must replace it under warranty...

·
Registered
566 Posts
I remember reading a James Bond book in the 70s where he referred to buying a Jag E-type as the least expensive car that could top 150 true MPH. Is a $23,000 MP6 now the least expensive car that can do it (and probably top 160 if you took off the speed limiter)?

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is another thread were I took my MPS up to 265km/h (260km/h GPS-speed) and still not out of rpm. But I now think I have a different kind of car beacuse it can't go that fast... :sarc: Maby it's a Corvette C6 or something...what do I know.

My MPS pulls all the way up to 6500 prm with no lack of power.
I don't know if the MPS shipped to Sweden has a different setting... :huh:

I happen to know that "hakabeng" drove his car with 4 people and a loaded trunk and still hit 243km/h...

Enough said about that. It's a fun and usefull car. :)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is another thread were I took my MPS up to 265km/h (260km/h GPS-speed) and still not out of rpm. But I now think I have a different kind of car beacuse it can't go that fast... :sarc: Maby it's a Corvette C6 or something...what do I know.

My MPS pulls all the way up to 6500 prm with no lack of power.
I don't know if the MPS shipped to Sweden has a different setting... :huh:

I happen to know that "hakabeng" drove his car with 4 people and a loaded trunk and still hit 243km/h...

Enough said about that. It's a fun and usefull car. :)
[/b]
My car is also from Sweden but i dont think that these are any faster than others, but the car was still accelerating (very slow) at 243 km/h and it was the broken antenna that made me lift the trottle :)

Its correct that we were 4 people with loaded trunk, and if the antenna had been ok im sure we would reach 250 km/h (GPS)

/ Hakan

MPS -06

·
Registered
403 Posts
I remember reading a James Bond book in the 70s where he referred to buying a Jag E-type as the least expensive car that could top 150 true MPH. Is a $23,000 MP6 now the least expensive car that can do it (and probably top 160 if you took off the speed limiter)?
[/b]
Nope, not at MSRP anyway. The MS3 was clocked at 155 by Automobile on the Autobahn.

·
Registered
700 Posts
2003-2005 SRT-4 can Peg 160mph stock! soo, yeah..thats probably the cheapest around.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nope, not at MSRP anyway. The MS3 was clocked at 155 by Automobile on the Autobahn.
[/b]
Good luck finding an MS3 for $22k.
Funny, a used 05 (which had more power I understand) SRT-4 will set you back $23k with 10-20,000 miles on the clock.

Real world pricing, I think I'll stand by the MS6 being the cheapest!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts