Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
8,401 Posts
Lately I've just been working on the Daytona. I bought louvers and a spoiler from an old guy recently and I think they look pretty nice!
[/url]
Damn! Never thought I'd see one of those ever again... Nice!

These were super fun, and now super rare...

A neighbor bought one of these brand-new when I was growing up, and I bet he still has it, since he stored it in winter.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Very nice, and functional. The rake on that back window turns that thing into a green house like few cars experience.

I saw one of these the other day and thought of you. They are getting pretty rare.
I love the Rampage! I've never actually seen one in person before. I don't think they were popular in this region and any that were around likely were eaten by rust in short order. If I ever see a cheap one close by I'll definitely buy it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my sweet Dodge Daytona back in December for $700. T-tops, 5-speed manual. While not fast, as a lover of the '80s and heavy metal, I couldn't pass it up. I did the matte black vinyl, some bondo, paint touchups, painted the wheels, changed the plugs and wires, and installed the power window switch. I had never worked on a car before and now I can't stop, haha. Any other Mopar fans here?

That's a nice car. It might go up in value down the road. You got a great deal. Plan to make improvements on it?

__
is the fbi satan in disguise?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That's a nice car. It might go up in value down the road. You got a great deal. Plan to make improvements on it?

__
is the fbi satan in disguise?
Thanks! Cosmetically, it looks completely different from when I bought it. I wrapped the hood, and added the big rear spoiler and the louvers and did a TON of paint touchup. There's not a lot you can do performance wise to the NA version. I've put on an upgraded exhaust and added a K&N drop in filter. Not much more you can do really short of porting the throttle body or swapping the engine entirely, which I'm not doing. I guess I could upgrade the rear brakes to discs, but I don't really see the point since it's not a fast car anyway. If I came across a reasonably priced turbo (or V6) Daytona that isn't rusted out I would buy that in a second and sell this one, but that's unlikely in this part of the country.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts