Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haven't posted pics of my car since i didn't want to post a stock car, but now that i got some mods and took some good pics i thought i'd share a few.

Mazda 6 specs:
2006 hatchback
v6, 5 speed
VG shark fin antenna
Koni yellows
Mazdaspeed springs
Clear sidemarkers with chrome dipped bulbs
35% tint all around

RSX-S specs:
4 cylinder, 6 speed
comptech cat back exhaust
comptech short shifter with mugen shift knob
buddy club club coilovers
SSR SP1 wheels, 17", with goodyear eagle f1 tires
AEM v2 cold air intake
motor mounts (forgot brand)

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Why the fuck does he have a police interceptor badge on his trunk. That is retarted

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dude, the pics are sick! I normally dont pay attention to detail but it looks professional done. Sweet job!

Throw in some PIAA 1157 bulbs for the turn sigs. I got mine yesterday. They are the best i've seen. The blue is perfect when the lights are off and are a crystal white when they shine.

Where did you get the clear markers from? I just read about them being discontinued for quite some time. I'm looking for them and all i seem to find is ebay.

Keep it up!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Why the fuck does he have a police interceptor badge on his trunk. That is retarted
[/b]
haha, classic DaBear's line. I like the 4th picture btw. It's a good capture!

·
Registered
149 Posts
[/b]

I agree, fits the car its on though!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comments!

both of us are interested in photography so we try to find cool places to shoot. i'll try to get more pics from him, we used his camera since it's better than mine so he has all the pics on his computer. we took a bunch more than what is posted

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
sweet pics i love the one through the mirror it looks sweet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude, the pics are sick! I normally dont pay attention to detail but it looks professional done. Sweet job!

Throw in some PIAA 1157 bulbs for the turn sigs. I got mine yesterday. They are the best i've seen. The blue is perfect when the lights are off and are a crystal white when they shine.

Where did you get the clear markers from? I just read about them being discontinued for quite some time. I'm looking for them and all i seem to find is ebay.

Keep it up!
[/b]
the sidemarkers are off of ebay. i bought mine from a user called "revotec", but i've also been told that the user "sabersport" is very good too. i purchased the chrome dipped orange bulbs from autolumination.com, they're #194's. they are chrome/silver when off, but orange when lit so i don't get crap from cops.

do you have to open up the headlights to put in the turn signal bulbs? or can you get them in from the back of the assembly?

i have some more pics but they are from when my car was stock except for the tint and they were with my camera instead of his so they're not as good. maybe i'll get a better digi cam soon and get some more good pics. it's a while off but we'll probably be doing another photoshoot in december over the holiday break, since i'm in alabama for school and he's still back in virginia.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Its just as korny as the car its on. I hate the RSX

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Wow, how did you get your 6 to stick to the side of the wall like that? :nana:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/b]
it's more of a sublte joke. the cops back home will use just about anything as a police car. they have a stripped out, turbo'd, gold crx. they have a modded srt-4, mustang gt's, convertible m3, camaro ss, and a few others. i wouldn't put that badge on my car but he thought it was kinda funny so he did. blame the ford dealership for selling it to him, it's got a legitimate part number so it can be ordered.

·
Registered
149 Posts
the sidemarkers are off of ebay. i bought mine from a user called "revotec", but i've also been told that the user "sabersport" is very good too. i purchased the chrome dipped orange bulbs from autolumination.com, they're #194's. they are chrome/silver when off, but orange when lit so i don't get crap from cops.

do you have to open up the headlights to put in the turn signal bulbs? or can you get them in from the back of the assembly?

i have some more pics but they are from when my car was stock except for the tint and they were with my camera instead of his so they're not as good. maybe i'll get a better digi cam soon and get some more good pics. it's a while off but we'll probably be doing another photoshoot in december over the holiday break, since i'm in alabama for school and he's still back in virginia.
[/b]
The turn signals are the easiest to replace. Its a plastic, cross shaped piece and each spoke is like 2" long. Its right there if you look for it. I chuckled a second cause i brought out a couple screwdrivers and just twisted the harness out.

I saw revotec, i'm gonna buy them from there.

I think your assuming the side marker lights when you said 194.

I meant the PIAA 1157 headlight turn signals. It looks orange from the pics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The turn signals are the easiest to replace. Its a plastic, cross shaped piece and each spoke is like 2" long. Its right there if you look for it. I chuckled a second cause i brought out a couple screwdrivers and just twisted the harness out.

I saw revotec, i'm gonna buy them from there.

I think your assuming the side marker lights when you said 194.

I meant the PIAA 1157 headlight turn signals. It looks orange from the pics.
[/b]
i meant the #194 bulbs are what i used in the sidemarkers. i didn't want orange bulbs in the clear sidemarkers since i thougth it would look like crap. i also didn't want white bulbs since i didn't want to risk a ticket over it.

the headlight turn signals are stock, so yes they are orange.

i'll look into those turn signal bulbs, might clean up the car a bit more. i'm planning on taking off the door guards soon and possibly tinting or painting my emblems.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i meant the #194 bulbs are what i used in the sidemarkers. i didn't want orange bulbs in the clear sidemarkers since i thougth it would look like crap. i also didn't want white bulbs since i didn't want to risk a ticket over it.

the headlight turn signals are stock, so yes they are orange.

i'll look into those turn signal bulbs, might clean up the car a bit more. i'm planning on taking off the door guards soon and possibly tinting or painting my emblems.
[/b]
I'll have pics up tomorrow of the lights. mine peeled off with dental floss, nothing else (door guards). took about 15 minutes. they;re rubbery, im still thinking of something to use this on.

next is the Shark fin antenna, rpm will have another GB soon on em so i'll hop on that ship.
someone finally found the right 06 badgeless grill to replace that chrome mustaches i was wearin.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
[/b]
Calling someone names: $0
Using the F-Bomb: $0
"Police Interceptor" Badge" $10
Merriam Webster Dictionary: $30

The irony of calling someone "retarted": PRICELESS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts