Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fo the longest time, my Redfire 6S was the hottest car on our street. Not the fastest by any means--there's a 69 Camaro SS around here somewhere--but overall the nicest.

Now my neighbor across the street has traded in his silver accord 4-door for a 350Z.

Sigh. Now everyone who drives by will look at HIS car, not mine.

Oh well. Maybe the birds will target his car now instead of mine. :)

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Could be worse, as business says. At least your car is plagued by horrible tyre wear :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
In my opinion and it is an opinion, I think the 6 is way classier than the 350z.... Esp. in redfire!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL. I went over and talked to him. It's a 2005 that was left on the lot. Grand Touring model, with Bose and all the bells/whistles. Steel gray color, too. Paid $32K for it.

APparently, his mother-in-law died and it made his wife feel better to tell him to buy the car. Why can't MY wife react that way to stress!?!?!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joe American trying to keep up with his neighbor is what keeps me in business lol
[/b]
LOL. Well, you won't see much from me trying to keep up with him. I have 2 years b4 I can trade the 6 and longer before I can get myself a nice 2-seater something....

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I don't consider a 69 Camaro to even be in the consideration. A classic which hopefully sees only perfect conditions and a daily driver aren't to be compared.

I'm another one who finds the 350Z unimpressive. Between the suspension design issues, unattractive styling, and cheap feel...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I rarely see the 'Maro. He keeps it in his garage most of the time, but MAN can you hear that V8 when he starts it up! Sounds PURRTY.

There are also two late-sixties Mustangs in the neighborhood...I drool over those. Always wanted one.

I like the 350Z better than the RX-8. Seems roomier inside, and has better power. WHat are the suspension issues?

·
Registered
979 Posts
the 350 looks cheap... Cheaply put together and kinda lame if you ask me, I am not impressed by them.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I like the 350Z better than the RX-8. Seems roomier inside, and has better power. WHat are the suspension issues?[/b]
It eats tires like candy. Tires rub when turning. They've greatly improved it from '03 when tires were lasting only a few thousand miles. But it's still a problem that greatly confines your wheel/tire choices since the margin for error is very small.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From a sedate accord family sedan to a youthful 350z sports coupe? Midlife crisis?
[/b]
LOL. That's what he said. Right down to the hair he's growing long. :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow. A lot more people than I thought hate the 350Z.

I've always loved the Z series. Learned to drive a stick in my uncle's 260Z.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Wow. A lot more people than I thought hate the 350Z.

I've always loved the Z series. Learned to drive a stick in my uncle's 260Z.
[/b]
I like the 350Z...its not like the RX8 has been a perfect, trouble-free car. I got a ride in one about a year ago...seemed like fun to me. The interior wasn't great, but I like the exterior styling and think its aging well.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I say bug the hell outta him by calling it a Datsun. :)
[/b]
LMAO!!! Man, I owned a Datsun, too. My first car was a Datsun 210SL Wagon. Nice little car. Got me home for Christmas through a blizzard on the Trans-Canada highway once.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
16 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing