Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I was coming home from work around 11pm on Rt. 46 and it eventually forks off to RT. 46 and RT.3, left lane to 46, right lane to 3, and middle either/or and a slightly elevated grass divider that eventually turns into a concrete divider and some rails.

Anyway I was in the middle lane doing about 80mph, and the silver mitsubishi galant in the right lane decided he wants to go on 46 and tried to cut into my lane and in the corner of my eye I saw this and saw this ass merging into the side of my car inches away, so logically I went into the left lane and kept going and the ass does it again, so I went back into the middle lane, and the he cuts into the middle infront of me and back into the left so I figured this guy must be lost and still in the middle lane I speed up to pass him and he ends up in the middle going towards the fork with his right signal on then he speeds up and gets infront of me so I figured he's heading towards 3 and I decided I'm taking 46 to get rid of his ass. Anyway we're both in the middle and he brakes at about 85 mph so I move to the left lane and he does to going towards 46 so I decide to go back into the middle lane and the asshole merges almost into the side of my car again and naturally I went into the right lane..... but there was so right lane just the elevated median lucky it was the beginning of it which was only a few inches up and my car hits it and goes airborne and everything goes all slowmotion and when it hits the ground it started skidding and missed the barrier on the right side barrier on rt. 3 my tires are smoking and about then I had the brake pedal down as far as I can do it and my steering wheel turned into the direction of the skid and the front bumper of my car is rubbing against the left rail and I come to a stop, I'm sitting there for a few seconds while my brain registers what just happened and I look up to see I'm facing the opposite wrong way down the highway and fully stopped and was thinking "i'm f--ked" but realized that all the cars on rt 3 were at a full stop. I drove down back home which was 5 min away slowly and very carefully. I waited till morning to check out the damage, my front bumper was scratched to shit, the license plate was bent to shit, the grill was being held on by luck, one of the clips of the front bumper was popped a bit.

I managed to buff out alot of the surface scratches, the front bumper after a little effort popped right back in.... still looks like crap but shit I have to admit I got away lucky and thankful that Mazda built a hell of a car. I went to see where my car skidded across rt 3 and it doesn't even look like one car did it, looks like 3 sets of skid marks and some pieces from my grill.

I think I can speak for every when I say I HATE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T DRIVE...how do they get their license?

·
Registered
129 Posts
New Jersey roads = :swearin:

I've got in-laws in Jersey.
I know Ohio has it's share of stupid drivers but at least the roads don't make it seem like the engineer that designed them was high at the time. First time I tried to merge onto 46 was when I realized that they don't have acceleration lanes. It is just stomp on the gas and cut into the traffic going 75-85 mph and hope for the best!

Screw that!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I refuse to play games with people like that. If they start bouncing around lanes and acting a fool I leave the area or just stay where I am.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I refuse to play games with people like that. If they start bouncing around lanes and acting a fool I leave the area or just stay where I am.
[/b]

As opposed to the original poster who plays right along and acts the part of "the fool" completely to a "T".

What was he saying about bad drivers not being allowed to have licenses?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hate when stupid people cause problems at the 46/3 split. Actually I just hate Rt 46 period. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which way is which.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Syntheticsin bangs-up HIS car and the other driver is the BAD driver? How does that work? Sounds like you were both driving like sh*t and you lost the battle. Sorry to hear about your car, but the two of you could have killed someone. Lucky for you, everyone behind you was paying attention. You should look at it as a lesson well learned!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
maddog20/20
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing