Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
im struggling to decide whether i'd like to get the 2015 or 2016 mazda6. Here goes, hope you guys can help me clear up some concerns and indecisiveness lol.

2016 Mazda6 has gotten a huge upgrade from infotainment to its new looks. But regarding that new infotainment compared to the old one where its tucked inside the dash and the new one looks to be sticking out and blocking window view. Does it actually interfere with the window view? im a little OCD and i'd like to keep my window perfectly clear of obstruction. Which is why im considering the 2015 but i heard a great deal about its imperfections and flaws. Now i really dont know which i should place greater emphasis on whether is worth it to sacrifice one for another.

Other thing is just up for debate. I wana hear how you guys think about the new look of grill and headlight look compared to the old. Is it better?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im struggling to decide whether i'd like to get the 2015 or 2016 mazda6. Here goes, hope you guys can help me clear up some concerns and indecisiveness lol.

2016 Mazda6 has gotten a huge upgrade from infotainment to its new looks. But regarding that new infotainment compared to the old one where its tucked inside the dash and the new one looks to be sticking out and blocking window view. Does it actually interfere with the window view? im a little OCD and i'd like to keep my window perfectly clear of obstruction. Which is why im considering the 2015 but i heard a great deal about its imperfections and flaws. Now i really dont know which i should place greater emphasis on whether is worth it to sacrifice one for another.

Other thing is just up for debate. I wana hear how you guys think about the new look of grill and headlight look compared to the old. Is it better?
The new screen absolutely does not block your view in anyway unless you plan on sitting reclined.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fantastic review, great work Tony. Too bad none of the dealer in California has a chance to get one at this moment, I've been waiting this car for l long time and I don't know how long I still need to wait, so sad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got mine!!! :) went in with my 2014 for a oil change, saw the floor display, realized Mazda put just about 95% of what the 2014 was lacking (my previous was the 2003), test drove, and fell in love.

I swear....I really had just wanted an oil change, lol..not a car change. It's just about perfect now though IMO.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just got mine!!! :) went in with my 2014 for a oil change, saw the floor display, realized Mazda put just about 95% of what the 2014 was lacking (my previous was the 2003), test drove, and fell in love.

I swear....I really had just wanted an oil change, lol..not a car change. It's just about perfect now though IMO.
Congratulations.. Please share some details/story. What 95% was improved In your opinion? Thanks in advance. As many are I'm sure - looking forward to hearing.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Good write up , nice car. My wife likes her 2015 Mazda6 . I believe the subtle design changes on the 2016 ,inside and out , are made in good taste. I will consider getting one when they put the turbo 4 cylinder, from the new , upcoming CX9, into the Mazda6, maybe next year--- I come from a Speed6 , which to me was just about a perfect car. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations.. Please share some details/story. What 95% was improved In your opinion? Thanks in advance. As many are I'm sure - looking forward to hearing.
Lol! No problem because I am ready to gush :) today was my first long distance test and OMG!!!and I will try to post a pic ASAP too.

First off I had a 2003i, which was a very solid car, and had it for 10 years, 150000k. That was my road dawg :) loved the interior, the top console, the layout, the spaciousness. So when I got the 2014, I loved the exterior, but instantly hated the small side door cup holders (wtf?), the slidy console, and it felt like interior wise it was a downgrade, although still spacious and all, plus over time the car just felt flimsy to me (easily scraped paint,the insulation was already rotting, and the body just didn't fit right). It was like I loved it but was meh at the same time. Like it was just basic... Now, I did have 72000k in 2 years, which means the car was at the dealership almost monthly, they knew I took great care of that car!

Well... :) ... the 2016 fixes all of that!!! First off, noise reduction, finally. We Mazda owners can be honest and admit it was a bit windy in there for years. It is peaceful and quiet now, like I can play classical music instead of rap all the time, lol. Second, it rides soooo sweet. No matter what anyone says about low HP, we true owners know, you work that tranny to make that honey hop and zoom. It has a slight lag only because I have the Grand Touring with eloop, but I will work that out soon, trust ;) lead foot will win. And the 6 always had a nice turn radius, but the 2014 was off for me and I ended grazing the wheels on sidewalks all the time. But the 2016 radius is just sick!!! It turns on a dime!! Where they do this at? It rides like butter. Very, very stable and comfortable.

The interior is just plain gorgeous AND efficient. It flows so nice. They put the night accents on all the window keys finally. The console cover is too cute. There's a mute button. Those little sweet touches I loved about having a Mazda! The seats are super comfortable, and my head doesn't scrape the top of the car anymore. The lighting is beautiful.

The exterior....subtle changes, but my neighbors were like, wow!!! The other car was nice, but this car is just beyond attractive. It definitely stands out. I have that deep blue, which looks almost black, and it is a gorgeous color. The grille looks more polished. The window tint is slightly deeper. The rims look nice in a darker tint too. It looks classy, sporty, and bold. It's just perfection.

They kept everything good about the 2014, yet brought back all the 2003 good, and it's better than ever. Now I'm really in love, when I was just faking it the past 2 years. Now you can't tell me nothin'!

The Mazda Connect system does need work, but appears to be easily upgradeable like they do phones. I do miss the home-work feature and display color choices and hope they bring that back, plus a console clock would be nice, and I still wish they would bring back the lockable glove compartment with the trunk access button in it. So that's the 5% not quite so perfect part.

I also love that my 2014 expensive Mazda weather floor and trunk mats fit perfectly in the 2016.

So yes!!! Mazda got it entirely right this year, and I can't find anything that truly disappoints me at all.

:) :) :) yassss!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
It has a slight lag only because I have the Grand Touring with eloop, but I will work that out soon, trust ;) lead foot will win.
Okay, so how are you going to fix that? I am really curious.

The seats are super comfortable, and my head doesn't scrape the top of the car anymore.
How tall are you? I am 6'3" and have not sat in the driver's seat of the 2016 6GT, which I have purchased without testing, as I live in France and will pick up my car in May when I return to the U.S.A.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay, so how are you going to fix that? I am really curious.

How tall are you? I am 6'3" and have not sat in the driver's seat of the 2016 6GT, which I have purchased without testing, as I live in France and will pick up my car in May when I return to the U.S.A.
...now that I know why it was lagging, I adjust my lead foot accordingly ;)

I'm only 5'4" but I have big hair, lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
PS: I'm still loving it, badabadada ;) this car handles extremely nice!

Now I'm just figuring out the extras. Love the auto high beam!!! Hate the lane departure, I hug the sides trying to avoid swipers too much for all that fuss. Have not really tried sport mode. I keep forgetting to put the electric parking brake on, lol. Like the pop up speed thingy.

I'm at 1100ish and getting 30.5 mix highway/city with light AC/heat on. I'm very, very happy I traded in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Now I'm just figuring out the extras. Love the auto high beam!!! Hate the lane departure, I hug the sides trying to avoid swipers too much for all that fuss. Have not really tried sport mode. I keep forgetting to put the electric parking brake on, lol. Like the pop up speed thingy.
Change the settings in the Infotainment System from warning you before you go over the line to beeping when you actually go over it. That should fix this. You also can completely disable it if that doesn't work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I cannot agree more that with this review. I love my Mazda 6 2016 model. Mine is an estate, it has more headroom but less leg space on the back seat. My three teenage boys (all almost 6' high) would rather be cramped in the legs than wreck their hairstyles. Mine is a diesel the torque is amazing, the diesel noise less so. but I drive 50 K km a year so the fuel saving make a difference. It is a company car and my budget did not allow the top model so I have cloth seats. This is the only problem. Mazda must have spent a fortune finding this material that is so magnetic for hair and dirt. It is impossible to clean. One my colleges has a Mercedes c class, we drove to Copenhagen together. After 1 minute his first comment was “ It doesn’t say much does it?” The next was “Gosh those LED lights are good”. Followed by “it has much more equipment than mine, and so much space”. You have to remember that car tax in Denmark is 180% so my mid range mazda 6 diesel with automatic gear costs $65,000!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Lol! No problem because I am ready to gush :) today was my first long distance test and OMG!!!and I will try to post a pic ASAP too.

First off I had a 2003i, which was a very solid car, and had it for 10 years, 150000k. That was my road dawg :) loved the interior, the top console, the layout, the spaciousness. So when I got the 2014, I loved the exterior, but instantly hated the small side door cup holders (wtf?), the slidy console, and it felt like interior wise it was a downgrade, although still spacious and all, plus over time the car just felt flimsy to me (easily scraped paint,the insulation was already rotting, and the body just didn't fit right). It was like I loved it but was meh at the same time. Like it was just basic... Now, I did have 72000k in 2 years, which means the car was at the dealership almost monthly, they knew I took great care of that car!

Well... :) ... the 2016 fixes all of that!!! First off, noise reduction, finally. We Mazda owners can be honest and admit it was a bit windy in there for years. It is peaceful and quiet now, like I can play classical music instead of rap all the time, lol. Second, it rides soooo sweet. No matter what anyone says about low HP, we true owners know, you work that tranny to make that honey hop and zoom. It has a slight lag only because I have the Grand Touring with eloop, but I will work that out soon, trust ;) lead foot will win. And the 6 always had a nice turn radius, but the 2014 was off for me and I ended grazing the wheels on sidewalks all the time. But the 2016 radius is just sick!!! It turns on a dime!! Where they do this at? It rides like butter. Very, very stable and comfortable.

The interior is just plain gorgeous AND efficient. It flows so nice. They put the night accents on all the window keys finally. The console cover is too cute. There's a mute button. Those little sweet touches I loved about having a Mazda! The seats are super comfortable, and my head doesn't scrape the top of the car anymore. The lighting is beautiful.

The exterior....subtle changes, but my neighbors were like, wow!!! The other car was nice, but this car is just beyond attractive. It definitely stands out. I have that deep blue, which looks almost black, and it is a gorgeous color. The grille looks more polished. The window tint is slightly deeper. The rims look nice in a darker tint too. It looks classy, sporty, and bold. It's just perfection.

They kept everything good about the 2014, yet brought back all the 2003 good, and it's better than ever. Now I'm really in love, when I was just faking it the past 2 years. Now you can't tell me nothin'!

The Mazda Connect system does need work, but appears to be easily upgradeable like they do phones. I do miss the home-work feature and display color choices and hope they bring that back, plus a console clock would be nice, and I still wish they would bring back the lockable glove compartment with the trunk access button in it. So that's the 5% not quite so perfect part.

I also love that my 2014 expensive Mazda weather floor and trunk mats fit perfectly in the 2016.

So yes!!! Mazda got it entirely right this year, and I can't find anything that truly disappoints me at all.

:) :) :) yassss!!!!
I don't get it. The seat comfort and height hasn't changed. Also the quality hasn't changed; only appearance. So I don't get it about the flimsy interior and paint either.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Beautifully written review and pictures, but I'm with CrazyBiker here. I like the 2014/2015 much better than the 2016 (not that the 16 is bad by any means) both externally and especially inside. Things I think they got wrong (just my opinion obviously) in 2016 include going to a switch activated parking brake, plopping the screen on top of the dash like it's super-glued on there or something (that alone would have been a deal breaker for me), the center console doesn't look as good to me, and I didn't like the subtle 2016 front end treatment with the extra long fog light eyebrows and too much chrome. I think they got it just right in 2014 right off the bat, and the TSB's took care of the window noise with new seals (had my dealer do it under warranty). The only thing I miss that the 2016 has is the lighted window switches on all four (I'm not a big cup holder guy so that made no difference to me). I'll be holding onto my 2014 Touring for a good long while.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
17 Participants
SkootchNC
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing