Mazda 6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, your mazda6 looks sooo sexy!! The interior is the bomb also!! Are you planning to switch out the stereo and the navigation system like adding a back-up camera?

I wish I could afford that rear and front bumper and these wheels too, kudos to you man!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Got a good deal on these 2 piece TSW Rasscasse 20x10 +40, they are temporary until my next set of wheel is released this spring. BUt I really like the look, its a different style, that I dont usually like. But i dig it. Ill take better in the am.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Got a good deal on these 2 piece TSW Rasscasse 20x10 +40, they are temporary until my next set of wheel is released this spring. BUt I really like the look, its a different style, that I dont usually like. But i dig it. Ill take better in the am.

Damn those look good!! You go through wheels like I go through running shoes!!! HA!! :grin2: What wheels are you waiting for in the spring? Your car looks awesome nonetheless! Love the new hood too!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice build thread. Just read it all car looks amazing. I wanted to chime in on something you can also do to your interior to help the black and red theme. I just did all my doors last night in 10 mins. Nice thing is if you don't like it you can take it off. I bought it online. Its called welt seat cord or something like that. Let me know if you want the details on where i got it. Definitely spices the interior up in a subtle manner. Keep up the good work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Nice build thread. Just read it all car looks amazing. I wanted to chime in on something you can also do to your interior to help the black and red theme. I just did all my doors last night in 10 mins. Nice thing is if you don't like it you can take it off. I bought it online. Its called welt seat cord or something like that. Let me know if you want the details on where i got it. Definitely spices the interior up in a subtle manner. Keep up the good work.
That looks great...at least from a distance. I never would have thought of something like that to break up the monotony of the black door panels. Well done! Where did you buy the materials?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
that looks cool, what is that, and how did you do that?

·
Registered
29 Posts
http://m.yourautotrim.com/emwesco.html

It's right there. You can choose different colors. Best way to describe it is its like "piping". Costs 1.25 a yard. I ordered 8 yards and have a lot left over. I would say for all 4 doors it took about 3 yards max. I am looking to do other parts maybe. It's nice because you can play around with it. All you do is insert it between the two seams. No adhesive needed it stays on very strong. If you don't like it simply pull it off. I'll link you to the youtube page I found which shows the install as well. Very easy. Looks like it came from the factory. I'm very pleased. The red isn't glossy it's an almost matte sort of finish.

For some reason I can't link the youtube video on my phone so just go to youtube and type 75 cent mod and it will be the very first video that says 2012 dodge charger 75 cent mod.

If the website link above doesn't work go to www.yourautotrim.com

Click on the top left menu button and it's under upholstery and tools or something. Then you'll see it under seat welt cord or something.

Show pics if you plan on doing it I love the way it turned out and.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's another pic of the cord I put a around the dash. I ended up taking it off because I didn't like the way it looked but it gives you an idea of what you can do with it. Pretty awesome. IL also attach another pic of the driver door in which I added another red stripe under the first one. I took that off too but again just ideas on what you can do with it. I ultimately just left the one strip on the top door seam at the end.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Installed LED headlight bulbs this weekend, came out pretty good and matches my LED foglights. I wanted to try them out because I had issues with my HID kits not matching, and the wires coming loose, and I always had to remove the bumper to fix it. And the LEDs have alot less wiring.. so we will see how these go..
Halogen on the passenger side, led bulb on the driver side

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Installed LED headlight bulbs this weekend, came out pretty good and matches my LED foglights. I wanted to try them out because I had issues with my HID kits not matching, and the wires coming loose, and I always had to remove the bumper to fix it. And the LEDs have alot less wiring.. so we will see how these go..
Halogen on the passenger side, led bulb on the driver side

Looks good, but how's the output? I've yet to see a decent LED bulb that outputs like HIDs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Looks good, but how's the output? I've yet to see a decent LED bulb that outputs like HIDs.
I will hopefully be replacing the headlights to the LED ones soon, so I have come to the reality that the halogen projectors arent the best. Compared to others. But its about the same as it was with the HIDs, but alot brighter then the halogen for sure...

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
I'm late to the party for sure, but just wanted to say that I love the hood. At first glance (off the car) I wasn't sure what I thought, but on the car it flows so well with the body lines. Kudos.

141 - 160 of 162 Posts