Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I'm definitely a fan of your ride and I also agree, this my favorite 3rd gen to date as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
116 Posts
How much was your shift knob and bumper? Also can I see the knob?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bumper came out to be about 1200$, the knob was 90$.

All from Mazmart.
Haha. $650 for shipping... My heart just broke and my wallet's crying in the corner at the moment.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha. $650 for shipping... My heart just broke and my wallet's crying in the corner at the moment.
trust me man it hurt...lol But I have been waiting for a Mazda to spoil with Auto Exe, for a long time.

more photos. I installed a roof spoiler, but having trouble wit the 3m tape sticking in place.. so no photos yet.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The key to the 3m tape is never touch the surface with bare hands as the grease from even what appear to be clean hands can ruin the bond surface.

Similarly, the surface you are applying it to should be cleaned multiple times with rubbing alcohol on a paper that you wipe then let air dry.

It is a pressure sensitive adhesive so it has to be pressed firmly in place for about 15-30 seconds to activate the bond and if the part is trying to separate you need to hold it down longer.

The exposed tape surface will cure rapidly, so once it has failed to bond over even 30 minutes, you should use new tape.

Maybe you knew all that and the spoiler doesn't really fit, but just thought I'd mention all that since so many things are attached with tape these days.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I want your 6. IT IS GODLY.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I dare to say it's those Vossen's....granted the other stuff you've done looks great, but imagining your car with other wheels I have seen and I really don't think you would have near the effect that you have here. Those wheels are just sweet!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dare to say it's those Vossen's....granted the other stuff you've done looks great, but imagining your car with other wheels I have seen and I really don't think you would have near the effect that you have here. Those wheels are just sweet!
THANKS, They do match the car very well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW that looks amazing man, awesome job! I'm looking into a new vehicle myself, I wasn't sure I wanted a new 6 but seeing this might have changed my mind lol
thanks, I almost bought a wagon like 6 months ago like yours. But it sold before I got there. I believe it was manual v6. I wanted it so bad, it was only like 3500$.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The key to the 3m tape is never touch the surface with bare hands as the grease from even what appear to be clean hands can ruin the bond surface.

Similarly, the surface you are applying it to should be cleaned multiple times with rubbing alcohol on a paper that you wipe then let air dry.

It is a pressure sensitive adhesive so it has to be pressed firmly in place for about 15-30 seconds to activate the bond and if the part is trying to separate you need to hold it down longer.

The exposed tape surface will cure rapidly, so once it has failed to bond over even 30 minutes, you should use new tape.

Maybe you knew all that and the spoiler doesn't really fit, but just thought I'd mention all that since so many things are attached with tape these days.

Well we used the trick of peeling it a little, and pressing it down and removing the cover plastic as we push it down on the glass. and we did clean it with 3m cleaner, and adhesive promoter. and then we taped it down in place with body tape. i pulled it off when i got to work because it was supposed to rain and that tape can sometimes leave adhesive on the paint. and i go back on my lunch, and the edges slid down.

the problem was that its actually straight piece out of the box. but you warm it to get it to go in the right shape of the window in the back. So all the pressure was on the edges. And maybe the paint and clear made it harder to mold into shape. But I had to remove the tape on the edges, and re apply some higher strength 3m tape. I would suggest that being the first thing if anyone buys one of the spoilerking.net roof spoiler. The tape even removed itself from the spoiler.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts