Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, all I have is wow! Actually, I do have more to say, but WOW! I'd heard all you guys talking about how nice they are to drive, etc, but I really didn't grasp this until I took it out for a drive. The salesman had me take is on a tight loop freeway onramp and told me to take it at 45mph... it hugged the corners with little-to-no body roll. Needless to say I was extremely impressed. Right after that he told me to "punch it" so of course i obliged, and the V6 roared its way along, meanwhile the very nice Bose system playing nicely in the background. Mazda really did their homework on this one, I've found me new car... now I just wait a year for the hatchback!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Mazda_Gremlyn


            Wow, all I have is wow! Actually, I do have more to say, but WOW! I'd heard all you guys talking about how nice they are to drive, etc, but I really didn't grasp this until I took it out for a drive. The salesman had me take is on a tight loop freeway onramp and told me to take it at 45mph... it hugged the corners with little-to-no body roll. Needless to say I was extremely impressed. Right after that he told me to "punch it" so of course i obliged, and the V6 roared its way along, meanwhile the very nice Bose system playing nicely in the background. Mazda really did their homework on this one, I've found me new car... now I just wait a year for the hatchback![/b]
welcome. I am waiting for hatch too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: My 1st test drive...

Oh and as for when the Hatch/Wagon are coming out, the salesman told me they are supposed to be out early-mid 2004.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by chindo


            Yeah, I was blown away by my first test drive as well.  [/b]
Weren't we all?

I have my hatch now in my garage. Yummie.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading Topic: My 1st test drive...

Damn you Euros! With all your Hatchbacks 6s's and all! Damn you! (Why did I ever move to the states in the first place!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Mazda_Gremlyn


            Damn you Euros! With all your Hatchbacks 6s's and all! Damn you! (Why did I ever move to the states in the first place!)[/b]
Because you want the V6 with the hatchback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: My 1st test drive...

Chindo: Where have you been the lasty year? :) It's ONLY the North American market that have the V6!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

Nope no V6 in Europe, but they do have the hatch and the Wagon....and all sorts of other assorted goodies not available here in the states.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: My 1st test drive...

But you will get all the bodyversions sooner or later. We will probably never get the V6 here. Not that I really envy you.. The 2.3 is more then enough of power. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reading Topic: My 1st test drive...

Yeah, thats true, I never thought about not having the V6 over there, I still want my Hatch, but I'll settle for waiting for the extra kick... I'm going to be having nice dreams about taking twisty freeway onramps at 45mph tonight!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

Why cant they just have all the options in every country....? That would make all customers a lot happier...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

My first test drive is when "my future wife" test drove it. So It was a test ride. Just before we got It I went back for a long test drive. I got the car to go into a 4 wheel slide. It was a 6s with the 5 speed auto. It was on the on ramp to RT 30 at memory lane going west. LBJay will know that is one hell of a on rap. I did not get the speed but I had to be doing atleast 55 in the turn of the ramp if not 65. I have got my focus not to slide on that ram up to 50. That was one hell of a second of a test drive.:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reading Topic: My 1st test drive...

Haha, a 4 wheel slide around a corner like that? Did the salesman turn white and crap his pants? I almost wanna go back and TD it again tomorrow, but they prolly wouldn't like it if I went back too much...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

The sales man was not with me he let me take It for 2 hours. this is after we had put a $1000 deposit on the one she was going to get. we had dto wait for them to get one form out of state.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by 666


            Why cant they just have all the options in every country....? That would make all customers a lot happier...[/b]
There are environmental concerns. Price concerns. Marketing concerns. And a lot of presumed preference mumbo-jumbo.

In short: I agree.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er


            QUOTE
Originally posted by 666


            Why cant they just have all the options in every country....? That would make all customers a lot happier...[/b]
There are environmental concerns. Price concerns. Marketing concerns. And a lot of presumed preference mumbo-jumbo.

In short: I agree.[/b][/quote]

Also one of the major concerns, at least from what I know from being English and all... Money, the price of gas is horrendous, even compared to our ugly $2.00+/gallon. Fuel costs over seas are so much higher, they're willing to sacrifice power for fuel economy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

Yes. But that IS an environmental thing partly. It's good that they hold back consumption of oil.

In 30 years there IS no more oil. Including yet unknown reserves. No more driving. No more plastics. It's time to think about how we use the little oil we have left.

Driving the 6 isn't the worst way... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
980 Posts
Replying to Topic 'My 1st test drive...'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Blackbird


            Chindo: Where have you been the lasty year? :) It's ONLY the North American market that have the V6![/b]
Under a rock apparantly. :)
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top