Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is definitely a very very small modification, but quality of life has been improved. I always thought the 6 would be a lot nicer with a hood strut so I finally put one on!

It works really well, it lifts fully on its own once the hood is about 30% open fully which is not bad for a cheap part. As always if you guys would like some of their parts, make sure to mention I sent you so they can set up a special price for their products and or shipping!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So this is definitely a very very small modification, but quality of life has been improved. I always thought the 6 would be a lot nicer with a hood strut so I finally put one on!

It works really well, it lifts fully on its own once the hood is about 30% open fully which is not bad for a cheap part. As always if you guys would like some of their parts, make sure to mention I sent you so they can set up a special price for their products and or shipping!

Would you please advice where I can get the strut parts?

·
Rally Racer
2,540 Posts
@ABCGarage! Nice work. It's kind funny but such a small little modification can be such a wonderful thing. I did this in my Mk.1 and added a pin-switch LED light as well. Huge difference for those winters above the 45th parallel when I want to check oil after work or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ABCGarage! Nice work. It's kind funny but such a small little modification can be such a wonderful thing. I did this in my Mk.1 and added a pin-switch LED light as well. Huge difference for those winters above the 45th parallel when I want to check oil after work or something.

This is a really good idea, I actually might look into doing this for my 6 next! Thanks for the suggestion :)

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
32 Posts
Installed hood struts for our 2019 CX5, got them from Amazon for $27 October 2019. Some are priced at $80. EZ to install on that car because necessary holes already in the inner fender so no drilling necessary for the CX5.
No issues with mine, still powerful opening ability. I bought a second set for my 2007 MS6, hoping to install them on it but no good body mounting place so I have a second set for the CX5. Two sets are still less then $80 for the one advertised there. Gas struts will fail eventually so don't remove the factory prop rod.
For the people that install these hood struts--the first time closing your hood, there may be lots of resistance closing your hood so go easy pulling/pushing down so the hood don't get damaged. People have complained that closing the hood was near impossible with some struts. If that is the case, get a second person to push where the strut is mounted on the hood to not stress it. After the first closure they will work fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts