Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
here is the photo comparing my wifes 2017 and my 2018 hood mounting points
Oh yeah, huh? Those are definitely different.

I would guess if they're that different, you may be able to buy a set of the older hinges, retro them in there (assuming the baseframe mounts are the same) and then you'd be all set. Just a thought though. Might take a little guess and check work, but since you have both models, maybe you can eyeball that and report back.

Let us know!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh yeah, huh? Those are definitely different.

I would guess if they're that different, you may be able to buy a set of the older hinges, retro them in there (assuming the baseframe mounts are the same) and then you'd be all set. Just a thought though. Might take a little guess and check work, but since you have both models, maybe you can eyeball that and report back.

Let us know!
Chazzy so after looking into it and also talking with Mvtunning you will need the 16/17 Hood hinges which will run you around $40 minus shipping with new bolts from our sponsor Mazdaswag.I also talked about a group buy and they said to let them know what we needed then they can let me know cost I imagine the more items the cheaper it will be.I would be in for the hood if something can get done

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@an63lvegas

That's awesome mate. Thanks so much for checking into that. I'm actually steering clear of any major expenditures at the moment, but I would guess there's some other folks on here whom would also be interested. Got my aerokit on, and I think I'm good with just that for now...haha

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
8 Participants
adeeb_m
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing