Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, had a few questions about various mod's I am looking to start doing on my '04 6s:

Tint:

Do legal limits for tints vary between states? If so, anyone know the limit for CA?
Where do you usually get tinting done? I see various local shops around town that say they can do it, but not sure if I can trust them. Wasn't sure if there was a bigger named company that could do it.

HID's

Been looking at multiple installation guides for installing HID's in my '04 6s, and all involve some sort of drilling through the back enclosure of the headlights. Is this confirmed to be a true step in the process?
When you've installed them, do you install them for both low and high beams? I figured installing just the low beams may make it look a bit out of place, but wasn't sure.
Also, anyone have a recommendation (ie actual website/product name) for a good kit? (Good=warranty, fairly priced, has lasted long so far, no issues during installation, etc)

Grills

Trying to find a badgeless grill that would go well with white: White or black? Mesh or the single/double horizontal bar across the center?

Silly color question

My 6 is white, is it actually performance white or is there a different kind of white? Just want to get proper nomenclature.

Sorry for the long post, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tint and HID are very good for looking.
For performence, I am thinking about:
Cold air intake and Exhaust for power,
Lowering Springs and Strut bar for cornering.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
In California it looks like you can have any darkness on all the windows except the fronts which only allow 70% on the fronts.

When doing HIDs, most members only install them in the low beams. Having them in the high beams is a little pointless because most of the time you don't have them on long enough for the HIDs to heat up all the way.

Grill is up to you, search eBay, Craigslist, or look around the forums for your favorite one.

I looked up the paint for you on paintscratch.com and this is what it came up with: Glacier White A2N/W4

I few good websites you might want to check out:
Revolution Performance Motorsports! Your source for aftermarket performance parts! - Revolution Performance Motorsports!
HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning
6Crew.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts