Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K guys rite now i have the cp-e headers w/ high flow cats with a magnaflow resonator and no mufflers. It sounds horrible above 3k rpm because there is nothing to cancel out the harsh sounds since the stock headers were so restrictive they canceled out alot of harsh sounds and such. I want to go with a flowmaster muffler but im not sure which one i should go with. I was thinking of going with the super 40 series muffler but arent they made for like v8's and up? flowmaster does make a muffler (60 series) for sport compact cars 4 and 6cyl engines... But im not sure which to go with. which would sound deeper and such. Advice is greatly appreciated here are some links.

I want to put a single muffler further back in my exhaust. i need to do some measuring though to make sure thos mufflers fit.

60 series:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/60_series.html

super 40:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/40_super.html

edit: maybe even something like this http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/hp2.html i dunno :\

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already had the mags i want something diff.. I was looking at some Borla mufflers part number 40060. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
15 Posts
sounds better than most, Daishi. unfortunately, it still sounds a little farty to me. like they said in the other post, it is hard to tell from amateur video.

im still looking for something with an even more aggressive sound; like its coming from the whole car and not just the back end. i mostly want it for the same reason motorcyclists put loud pipes on: to be heard and noticed and avoid being hit. i almost get hit every day because someone most likely didnt see me (either that or they are over-aggressive @$$holes who think they pwn the road and everyone else is just in the way).

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heh yeah.. Its hard to tell in the vid really.. Its not farty at all once the car arms up. If the car is still cold there is a slight trace of rasp at around 3k rpm.. It also depends on the speakers ur watching the video on... It sounds pretty deep on my speakers...

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm not happy with the MF catback either...I also want to switch...I want the sound of the engine revving to be very clear. I was thinking Flowmaster hush Power muffler where the resonator is and then Borlas on the tail end. Does anyone have a sound clip of the racing beat with the headers?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont get flowmasters... Their chambered designs are meant for big blocks... a chambered design restricts airflow and creates backpressure.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Id say get the borlas and stick a nice size resonator on their... I can still hear my intake and such with my borlas.. At this point one isnt too much louder than the other like some other exhausts you get you cant hear the intake anymore.. ya know.. Its pretty balanced with this setup.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the borlas are louder than the magnaflows when you dont have headers but when you have the headers the magnaflows are louder... The borlas are slightly quieter and it blends in very nicely with the intake sound.. So you get a nice tone infront and inback of the car..

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I left the Magnaflow resonator on.. The borlas i got for 160 each.. if you want the sames ones its part number 40057. its 2.25" piping.

spiky why dont you just get an on aim and we can talk isntead of having an entire conversation here heh.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yea I cant hear the intake anymore with the MF...I hate that...that was my favorite sound!!! I have 2 resonators on there now and it still is too loud.
[/b]

How can you not hear the intake over the Mags? I cant even hear my exhaust after 4k rpms becuase of CP-E lol

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trouble he has the cp-e headers which make the exhaust louder...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ive spoken to you on aim before.. but ill pm it anyway heh..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
6 Participants
Trouble1986
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing