Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to start off im gonig to admit i know next to nothing about the exhaust system on the mazda6. This may or not be possible but just my idea. My parents dont want me to get an exhaust system but if i simply remove the mazda6 mufflers(im guessing i would ahve to cut them off) and attach new ones on will i hear a difference in sound and will it be worth it. Please dont flame. Just wanted to see if it would work.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If you change the mufflers it will change the exhaust tone. Racing Beat Axle-back exhaust system is pretty much just that. Will it be worth it, well thats up to you. You won't see any type of performance increase, just a difference in sound. The sound would depend on which muffler you select.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how hard is this? will it involve welding. What im picturing is removing bolts or watever and just he muffler and exhuas tip will come off and then puttin g a new setup on. Now correct me if im wrong a full exhaust kit will add hp and starts up by the engine bay this will just be a removal by the rear tires and a new setup. How much do these cost. And thanks for you response.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The 6s makes no gains with a catback exhaust, so whether you add a full catback like the Magnaflow or just replace the mufflers/do an axleback like the Racing Beat, you will see no difference other than sound. I don't believe there is any welding involved if you get the Racing Beat, it should bolt right up.

You have to remove the cats and do headers in order to see an actual gain in HP.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Is your mazda powered by the 2.3 or 3.0?

It sounds like you want an axle back system. Racing Beat and Boral or Bosal (can't remember which) makes one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ops my bad. i have a 2.3 mazda 6i atx. I want to trie and remain as warranty friendly. I know the law. I have intake and if i just change the mufflers the dealers wont be as much of a dick as if i change the headers and everything. Basically i wan tto have the stock setup as much as possible but just more of a sound. And somethign that looks good.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
how hard is this? will it involve welding. What im picturing is removing bolts or watever and just he muffler and exhuas tip will come off and then puttin g a new setup on.
[/b]
Here's a picture of a removed stock exhaust (V6) just to give you an idea where the bolts are.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok now is there a kit or setup that i can just remove the stock muffler, int he pics there on the left, and attach new ones that will give me a nice tone. And if there are does anyone know the sites at whcih there at

edit: also i knwo the law with the dealership. What tpe of argue ment would they ahve with just two new mufflers against voiding warranty work. Do they have a case or is it ntohing htat big.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Racing Beat has what you want. It's only been posted here like 4 times already.

As far as the warranty thing goes, do a search. It's only been posted 1,000 times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts