Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to post some of my autocross vids from this season..
will be updating it for every event... and add more from past events as i archive them from tape format to dvd..
havent done this for over a decade... got back from lack of funding for road course events this year..
check here

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey cross.. are ya headin to vir or summit point anytime soon...
check this outfit out... im using this.. you can also check out ioportracing.com for other choices...
a friend of mine runs a three suction cup that was had for under a note and works well.. also check racer wholesale..
im moving towards bulletcam next year... most of my funding right now is towards the 20b...
so accessories like that is takin a back seat.. ;)

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Hey Amp,

I'll be at vir from June 14th through June 18th. We er went kinda of crazy and signed up for two track events back to back. We're at the audi/bmw full course on the 15/16, and the mazda grand east on 17th/18th. Don't know what group I'm in yet. I will probably shoot for noob group with audi (since suspension and setup will be changed), and go for one step above noob for mazda.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out in the morning!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You autocross with only one hand on the steering wheel!
[/b]
:D that was my walkthrough first run if i recall... tryin to figure out gearing for each section...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
... oooops...
lookin good. i love the rx7 of yours.
[/b]
mental lapse...looked at my rearview..
had dave henning in his OLOA class winner fd on my tail....
;)

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Amp,

You rock, I've been looking for that headrest mount forever. I was looking at some chasecam's, but someone just posted about one flinging off at the track =/. I don't actually have a fancy camcorder, just a little sony P150 that seems to take incredible video (only weighs 5 ounces!), but I need something able to withstand about a 1g or so of force and 120 mph+.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
... I was looking at some chasecam's, but someone just posted about one flinging off ...[/b]
ive used the chase cams.. they work as long as they are mounted properly with support..
and its not holdin up a full camcorder.. they work well inside the car... for lightweight cameras..
otherwise they wont capture stable vids... heres a pic of when i used it with a full cam...
took some spirited drive vids through blue ridge...

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing