Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 6i for 2 months now and really love the car but there is one quirk that I find really annoying. Every time I press the clutch in to make a shift the revs go up and hold for 2-3 secs making it hard to make a smooth shift. Yes,I am taking my foot off the gas before I depress the clutch. I'm wondering if this is normal and if there is a easy fix for this problem. Much thanks!

:drive:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine doesn't do it. Only if my timing is off and I slightly have the gas peddal depressed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think that's normal. I've had mine for a month and have never noticed the revs jumping (except for cold starting which is normal). Get to where you can consistently duplicate it and take it into the dealer. If they say it's normal, ask to test drive a similar car on the lot just to make sure.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have noticed, depending on my timing, that the RPMs will hold or increase if I disengage the clutch at the same time I lift off the gas. Its a function of the electronic throttle thru computer control of emissions. Next time notice if you deliberately lift off the gas well before you disengage the clutch if you still have rev problems.

·
Registered
166 Posts
+1 on the electronic throttle. I think it also has to do with how you push in the clutch and how you let off of the gas. If you push it in really fast(especially during hard acceleration and at low RPM(under 4k), the RPM's will just sit there for 2-3 seconds. But if you push it in slowly and smoothly, you can almost let go right after you push it in(as your shifting). I found this to be the best way to drive mine. Also the AC or engine temp has a big impact on the RPM's on mine. The RPM's just drop so fast. Hope this helps you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts