Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I need some advice, I will buy a 6s in the next days but I would like to know which tx is better, MTX or ATX?

Regards

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
MTX, you'll be happy once you start hearing all the ATX newbs saying that they wish they got the MTX for more power. :yesnod: Plus it's just so much more fun to drive. If your nervous because you don't know how to drive MTX, just learn it's not hard that's what I did with my 6.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Same here I'm 16, this is my first car that's stick. I learned previous with a different car and love it. More fun to drive and more money in your wallet when you buy it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
To me it depends on your commute and flow of traffic. Lucky for me I head opposite of downtown everyday and see very light traffic so I can enjoy a MTX. On the other hand if I had to endure bumper to bumper daily I would have gotten an auto.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Traffic does not affect my decision for getting an MTX whatsoever. If it does affects your decision you shouldn't even be considering a MTX. You will get used to it, and you won't even think twice about it while in traffic. The benefits out weigh the cons totally in an MTX car.

·
Registered
251 Posts
MTX FTW!!!!!! this is my first mtx car and I also learned with it. I always had ATX before my 6 and after a while IMO you get bored with an automatic. Besides you get to control 100% your car. I'd never go back to atx again

·
Registered
867 Posts
Traffic does not affect my decision for getting an MTX whatsoever. If it does affects your decision you shouldn't even be considering a MTX. You will get used to it, and you won't even think twice about it while in traffic. The benefits out weigh the cons totally in an MTX car.[/b]
that's true, once you've driven stick after a period of time you get so used to and don't have to think twice about what your doing. There is more benefits from MTX no matter how you put it.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,540 Posts
MTX.

Driving a MTX is so much more involving than letting a slushbox do it, IMO. No manumatic even comes close to a three-pedal car. The ATX saps some of the power, and I have more control (and fun) in all types of weather, especially on snow-covered roads and my favorite set of twisties.

Besides, learning MTX is a great thing to know, and can be valuable in a pinch as well.

There's a reason why people pick the Mazda6 over the Camry and Accord, simply because they want to own a drivers car, not an appliance. The MTX only adds to it.

Get the MTX, you won't regret it... :drive:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've never understood manumatics, push on the lever up and down does nothing for excitment or control. However my judgement is on hold for paddle shifters like the ones on the GTI and Honda Fit. That seems a bit more appealing.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Same here I'm 16, this is my first car that's stick. I learned previous with a different car and love it. More fun to drive and more money in your wallet when you buy it.
[/b]
glad to find that theres another 16 year old with a 6 on these forums.

Anyway, go with stick. There may be some weird thoughts about driving it, but don't worry, you'll get it in half a week at least. I have a MS6 and everyone is complaining about the clutch and stick, but after adjusting it and realizing how much of a fool I was, I put it back to stock and I picked up on it in about 2 days.

MTX all the way.

And make sure you get some better tranny fluid than that piss-poor fluid that Mazda gives out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To me it depends on your commute and flow of traffic. Lucky for me I head opposite of downtown everyday and see very light traffic so I can enjoy a MTX. On the other hand if I had to endure bumper to bumper daily I would have gotten an auto.
[/b]
Thank you, that is the kind of answer I was looking for. I currently have a Peugeot 206 MTX, once a year I work for the World Rally Championship in Leon Gto, so as you will imagine I really enjoy MTX. But when I come back from work I spend 1.5 hrs in traffic, so I am kind of looking for this car in ATX because it also has the manual mode (I´ve never had a car with ATX)
I want to know if the ATX has good response in the manual mode.
Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
I say get the manual. My 6s atx experience turned to regret after about 1 year of ownership. At first it was cool but when I realized how much power the ATX was robbing from the car, I knew I made a bad choice.

Thank you, that is the kind of answer I was looking for. I currently have a Peugeot 206 MTX, once a year I work for the World Rally Championship in Leon Gto, so as you will imagine I really enjoy MTX. But when I come back from work I spend 1.5 hrs in traffic, so I am kind of looking for this car in ATX because it also has the manual mode (I´ve never had a car with ATX)
I want to know if the ATX has good response in the manual mode.
Thanks
[/b]
Manual mode will take some of the boring away but in my experience the response was slightly worse off the line. However because you can hold a gear, overall performance should be better. It's no substitute for the real thing though and I can't stress that enough.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone,

I need some advice, I will buy a 6s in the next days but I would like to know which tx is better, MTX or ATX?

Regards
[/b]
U got to go with the flow, MTX!!! Or regret througout your life!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
MTX all the way! My 6 is the second stick I ever owned and I've only been driving stick on my own since April. The car I had was a six-speed 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT that I traded away due to lack of practicality, less-than-stellar mileage, high mileage, and lack of warranty. Plus, it was modified with a supercharger, CAI, exhaust, and other stuff I did not put on the vehicle. I came to my senses and didn't trust it. The 6 is perfect, even with just the Mazdaspeed CAI, so far. I'd rather have a car that I can make my own, much like my 6. I ordered the options the way I wanted them (especially MTX and sunroof/Bose package) and I treated it to the Mazdaspeed CAI. I'm not a racer, but I enjoy driving the car in a spirited fashion. Too many people on the road get caught up with street racing. It's such an offense to society. There are tracks everywhere for that stuff. I went off-topic, but, yeah, MTX!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Get a Manual.....ATX in a Mazda6 sucks!!!! period!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Please get the manual!

And don't fall for that "it's hard to learn... it's sucks in traffic... your leg will get tired" BS.

-You have more control in the manual.
-They are faster [If you know how and when to shift because it will not be at the same points each time due to loads, road condition etc.]
-You can use the engine for braking [better than jumping on the brakes each time you want to slow down]
-Engine braking also gives you better control in rain and on snow [but understand you can still break traction
if you over do it. Like down shifting from 5th to 3rd on wet roads]
-You can get better gas mileage [your gas mileage will be lower if you stay in 3rd and 4th at highway speeds]
-They are cheaper price wise.
-True sports driving.
-Did I say more control?

Manual all the way! :drive: :drive: :drive:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts