Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a new engine in my 6 and wanted to start it before i put everything completely back together to check for problems, the engine runs great no problems there I installed a new clutch while doing this the old one had 140k so didnt want to put it back in

I have two problems one- the clutch pedal feels way too easy to push in and two- the axles are spinning ever so slightly while the trans is in neutral.
I know this isnt the best thing and like i said i just wanted to start the engine and let it idle to make sure it would, i did not refill the trans yet, but it still has a little fluid in it.

Before i go any further would low trans fluid cause this issue or should i start looking towards the clutch

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I have those same exact issues as well, and I've never gotten an answer for them. Had my clutch replaced at 34k and I thought it felt lighter too, similar to my buddy's honda.

I also noticed slight wheel spinage in neutral while my car was on jacks. Started it up after swapping trans fluid and that's when I noticed it.

Any smart guys out there that would like to answer??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (xtmesisx @ Nov 9 2008, 12:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1473520
I have those same exact issues as well, and I've never gotten an answer for them. Had my clutch replaced at 34k and I thought it felt lighter too, similar to my buddy's honda.

I also noticed slight wheel spinage in neutral while my car was on jacks. Started it up after swapping trans fluid and that's when I noticed it.

Any smart guys out there that would like to answer??[/b]

well i dont have my wheels on and the car is in the air, so it is normal than for the wheels to slightly move while the car is in neutral?

Ill take it then withe the wheels on and the car on the ground it is not able to move?

·
Registered
734 Posts
yep totally normal almost all front wheel drives do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
midastech390
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing