Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
not sure why you would buy that when the xtec kit is cheaper, and a lot of people have already verified it as working really well
[/b]
A lot of people have also verified it not working well, ballasts dying, etc.

I'd also like to know what's the adapter all about. Maybe it's a dustcap replacement that the bulbs fit in or something? Did you try emailing the seller and asking? This would actually be a pretty cool accessory.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
A lot of people have also verified it not working well, ballasts dying, etc.

I'd also like to know what's the adapter all about. Maybe it's a dustcap replacement that the bulbs fit in or something? Did you try emailing the seller and asking? This would actually be a pretty cool accessory.
[/b]

Ya you are right, there are problems with the XTEC ballast, but even though I would say the MTEC would be a good choice to go with cause they are a pretty decent brand when it comes to just plain xenon bulbs, I can bet you that they wont last forever and that you will have a bulb or ballast on the MTEC kit go out and then your only coverd for 2 years with their warranty and the XTEC is lifetime. I havent personally seen the MTEC kit or heard much bout it but from what I hear the XTEC is the brightest aftermarked HID kit out there and for the price and warranty I think its the best deal you can get. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya you are right, there are problems with the XTEC ballast, but even though I would say the MTEC would be a good choice to go with cause they are a pretty decent brand when it comes to just plain xenon bulbs, I can bet you that they wont last forever and that you will have a bulb or ballast on the MTEC kit go out and then your only coverd for 2 years with their warranty and the XTEC is lifetime. I havent personally seen the MTEC kit or heard much bout it but from what I hear the XTEC is the brightest aftermarked HID kit out there and for the price and warranty I think its the best deal you can get. Just my two cents.
[/b]

I've asked a couple of sellers about it and for pics. one just said it's needed and the other said it holds the bulb and keeps it from moving around and sent a pic.

[attachmentid=15358]

it looks like it might either be used with the bulb clip or replaces it.

What you guys think it's for?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
A lot of people have also verified it not working well, ballasts dying, etc.[/b]
Off topic, but when was the last time you read about a problem with Xtec? There was a bad batch of ballasts at one point last year, but there have been a lot less problems here lately.

On topic, with regard to the adapters shown in the picture, they look like the adapters used with the H7 kits on the Mazda 3. I think the seller has probably never seen either car and got confused.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
falcontx
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing