Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me the prices on the American versions of the 6? I don't know if that info has been published...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'MSRP, anyone?'

Originally posted by MAZDAMAN

Can anyone give me the prices on the American versions of the 6?  I don't know if that info has been published...[/b]
Nope, the american prices have not yet been revealed.

But I have noticed one thing:

Prices in Sweden, Austria, Germany, Great Britain, Australia etc. are very similar. I think you could just do the math and have a pretty good estimate.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Originally posted by MAZDAMAN

Can anyone give me the prices on the American versions of the 6?  I don't know if that info has been published...[/b]
Nope, the american prices have not yet been revealed.

But I have noticed one thing:

Prices in Sweden, Austria, Germany, Great Britain, Australia etc. are very similar. I think you could just do the math and have a pretty good estimate.[/b][/quote]

Someone posted somewhere that the USD price would probably be between $15,??? and $23,???. They figured this out by converting the Australian currency to the American dollar.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

My guess would be 17-23000. This is a slight increase over the 626, and would make them extremely competitive. I hope they don't follow the lead of the Altima: 22-27000. I think the Australian market is the best one to look at for comparison. They don't have a bunch of value added taxes and such. The Australian pricing works out to about 15-22000. So that's a VERY encouraging sign.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I was actually looking at Altima prices at one of my local dealerships today online, and they had a v6 altima with everything for over 28k. That is ridiculous. The car has a very cheap interior, and is in no way deserving of that..

·
Registered
211 Posts

yea...i'm expecting the price to start around 16-17...and go as high as 23...but hopefully i can get the I4 for under 20.:)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Latest issue of Motor Trend estimates it to be between $18,700 and $27,500.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I was actually looking at Altima prices at one of my local dealerships today online, and they had a v6 altima with everything for over 28k. That is ridiculous. The car has a very cheap interior, and is in no way deserving of that..[/b]
For that money I'd take the Maxima, even with the torsion beam rear. I don't quite understand Nissan's pricing strategy. It seems like their cramming an awful lot of cars into one price range. So a fully loaded Altima is around $28k. The Maxima goes from $25-30k (I'm guessing on that one). The Infiniti G35 goes from $27-34k. The 350Z will go from $27-35k. Is this the golden price point? Everything is hovering around $30k.

·
Registered
244 Posts

My 1.8 sedan with Elegance trim was about $16300 (including excise and 18% VAT). The 2.3 hatch costs $19400 in Estonia. Leather interior adds $780. Hatch is about $300 more than sedan. Wagon is another $300 more expensive than hatch.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I paid $24200 for my 2.0 hatch (without Xenon, without Navigation, without DVD) with CD-player, and some additional non-standard equipment.

The list price for the hatch begins at $21300 here in Sweden. So when you get to buy your fully loaded car for something less than $23000, send a thought to me.

I know I will send YOU guys one. In october. When my hatch arrives. Hoh-hoh-hoh:D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Steve, you have to pay all that tax for the privilege of living amongst all those buxom Swedish girls. :D It's worth it, right?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

Steve, you have to pay all that tax for the privilege of living amongst all those buxom Swedish girls. :D It's worth it, right?[/b]
Definitely! I'd pay it again and again!

I was at a rock concert tonight with one of Sweden's most famous national rock artists. A lot of pretty girls with tight jeans and naked bellys - the Britney-Spears-Plague (but kinda nice also... :D )

But I'm a married man, so I guess my final answer has to be: NO!:sarc

·
Registered
211 Posts

27,500 is way too much for the six...even though it is a very nice car...for 27 grand...i'd get an audi a4...or the rx-8...which i think will start around that price...:)

·
Registered
211 Posts

hmm...wait...but if it is 27,500 with ALL options...it might not be so bad...i'll just get rims and a spoiler...cause i know that most of the stuff comes standard...pw, pd, ac, cc...and such...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts