Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for winter tire for my msp6. The dealer suggest Toyo Garrit KX or something like that 205/50 R17.. but wow... 1450$ installation included, rim included and tax in

do you have any ideas where and what brand should I go with???

thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think you can do better than cdn1450. I just order a set of 18" ADR wheels with Hankook Icebear W300 for a bit over 1600 installed and shipped from 1010 tires. They should be at my house on monday. It's been great service so far. May be you can try them. You can also try Tiretrends.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think you can do better than cdn1450. I just order a set of 18" ADR wheels with Hankook Icebear W300 for a bit over 1600 installed and shipped from 1010 tires. They should be at my house on monday. It's been great service so far. May be you can try them. You can also try Tiretrends.
[/b]
I have used the icebear W300s before and found them to be pretty good. I don't think you'll be disappointed with them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have used the icebear W300s before and found them to be pretty good. I don't think you'll be disappointed with them.
[/b]
That is good to hear especially from someone in Winnipeg. I did consider the Blizzak LM22 for a bit but they are just too expensive and I heard that once the outer layer rubber is worn out, they will turn into all season tires.

I can't wait to see my new wheels and tires. They are supposed to be delivered to my house on Monday by UPS but unfortunately I can' be home so I'm gonna have to figure something out. :swearin:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for winter tire for my msp6. The dealer suggest Toyo Garrit KX or something like that 205/50 R17.. but wow... 1450$ installation included, rim included and tax in

do you have any ideas where and what brand should I go with???

[/b]
Pay attention to the max speed rating. Very few winter tires have a high speed rating

I have the Garritts and like them. They were about 200-225 each if I recall correctly. For rims, I bought regular mazda6 17" alloy rims (which look better than the 18" stockers in my opinion)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a set of 215/50/17 Dunlop Wintersport M3's from Tiretrends for about $206 + $11.50 shipping per tire for my MS6. Tires arrived at my door in 2 days. Very good and fast service from Tiretrends, definitly recommend them. Also prices there were cheaper than I could find in town.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought some 215/50-17 Dunlop Graspic DS-2 on 17" Spyn JDX Wheels for 1300$ installed + tax
[/b]
do you know what the offset of those wheels is? I'm trying to find some cheap rims on tiretrends or 1010tires but can't find much with an offset of more than 42-45mm.. I plan on running a 215/50/17 on a 17x7 rim.. any idea how low of an offset I can go with? I have a mazdaspeed without fenders rolled.. (i've spent so much tire reading all the tire threads and it's impossible to find any info, everyone is just asking about wanting to run 225 or 235 tires..)

·
Registered
286 Posts
do you know what the offset of those wheels is? I'm trying to find some cheap rims on tiretrends or 1010tires but can't find much with an offset of more than 42-45mm.. I plan on running a 215/50/17 on a 17x7 rim.. any idea how low of an offset I can go with? I have a mazdaspeed without fenders rolled.. (i've spent so much tire reading all the tire threads and it's impossible to find any info, everyone is just asking about wanting to run 225 or 235 tires..)
[/b]
I'm running 18x7.5 ADR Sokudo 10 with +48 offset. I don't have my fender rolled and I don't have any rubbing so far. 1010tires carries ADR wheels with +48. MRR, Volk even OZ have wheels with +48 offset. It took me a while to find mine too.

If you want to run 17s. Why don't you buy a set of 17' stock wheels from a 6?

·
Registered
392 Posts
[/b]
Tiretrends has the DS Sport rims that are cheap and will fit they have the proper offset. I would call them and ask them about a package price for you. Their phone sales guys are very helpful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm running 18x7.5 ADR Sokudo 10 with +48 offset. I don't have my fender rolled and I don't have any rubbing so far. 1010tires carries ADR wheels with +48. MRR, Volk even OZ have wheels with +48 offset. It took me a while to find mine too.

If you want to run 17s. Why don't you buy a set of 17' stock wheels from a 6?
[/b]
that was my first plan, but my local mazda dealer wants $244 each for those stock mazda 6 rims.. I can get some much nicer rims for a lot less than that.. I did see the ADR rims and a few others with +48 (mostly 7.5 width) but they are all quite expensive.. I think I am going to take my chances with the Enkei RSV 17x7 +42mm for $189cdn.. I think from what I've been reading I should be ok with these as long as I stick to the 215 tire. I hope....

·
Registered
286 Posts
that was my first plan, but my local mazda dealer wants $244 each for those stock mazda 6 rims.. I can get some much nicer rims for a lot less than that.. I did see the ADR rims and a few others with +48 (mostly 7.5 width) but they are all quite expensive.. I think I am going to take my chances with the Enkei RSV 17x7 +42mm for $189cdn.. I think from what I've been reading I should be ok with these as long as I stick to the 215 tire. I hope....
[/b]
Try phoning 1010tires. I talked to Sofia when I ordered mine and some of the ADR wheels are actually 199.99 each. That's how much I paid for mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[/b]
45mm
Haven't install them yet but I'm sure 45mm is ok with a 215mm tire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
this was very helpful reading thanks to all....
Cheers
:)
[/b]
just to update.. I got my Enkei RSV rims put on.. 42mm offset.. so far i haven't had any rubbing issues, but I rarely load the car with any amount of weight, and so far havent been over any rough bumps that would compress the suspension very much.. the rims seem too nice to use through the winter.. I'll try to post a pic this week..

I am very happy with the shipping from 1010tires.. they arrived in just a couple of days and were well packaged, no damage to the rims at all.. they even included the hub rings (which fit like a charm)..

·
Registered
286 Posts
just to update.. I got my Enkei RSV rims put on.. 42mm offset.. so far i haven't had any rubbing issues, but I rarely load the car with any amount of weight, and so far havent been over any rough bumps that would compress the suspension very much.. the rims seem too nice to use through the winter.. I'll try to post a pic this week..

I am very happy with the shipping from 1010tires.. they arrived in just a couple of days and were well packaged, no damage to the rims at all.. they even included the hub rings (which fit like a charm)..
[/b]
Congratulations! They are pretty good looking rims. I would have bought them if they came in +48 offset since I want 18s. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the service from 1010tires. The last thing I want to hear is someone is not happy with the shop that I recommended. Did they send you a set of lug nuts too? Yeah, they packaged mine pretty good too. They were all in separate boxes with cardboard shimmed on both sides of the wheels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.