Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I was reading on the forum quite a bit about the clutch "recall" on 03 6s. My car's vin is among the ones that needed that "update." I'm talking about the MSP9/MSP10.

So, I went to the dealership and asked them about it. The service guy over there told me that it was not for MTX, but only for ATX. And I told him that I read it on the forums about it but he insisted that wasn't the case with my car. :swearin:

So, is he really telling me the truth?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I think you're a little confused on your numbers. MSP10 is a recall to flash your ECU to correct an emission issue. The clutch issue is a TSB that is not mandatory and only available within the 12/12 wear and tear warranty period unless you dealer is really nice.

As for the MSP 10 being only for ATX's.... thats bullshit.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh... thanks for that... but yeah that MSP10, the guy said is only for ATX... and i'm like WTF!?

Thanks for clearing that up though... so I'm basically out of luck right?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
For the clutch? How many miles do you have? I got mine replaced at 15,000 miles, all depends on the dealer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ive had MSP10 done. I have MTX. try a new dealership. Even with the clutch issues there seems to be some dealerships that care and some that dont. Search the forums for those who have had theirs fixed under warrentee that live anywhere near you then try those helpful dealerships. Even if its a longer drive it worth it if its done for free right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts