Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: MSN reviews Mazda6

Just copy the link location and remove the amp; from the URL and the link will work fine.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Replying to Topic 'MSN reviews Mazda6'

I didn't need to spend a lot of time in the front-drive 6 to notice that the ride is less cushioned than in the Camry and more sport-oriented than in the Accord sedan.

It's a firm ride, with the car feeling as if it's rippling over any irregular pavement. Passengers feel road bumps mostly mildly, at 30 miles an hour as well as at highway speeds.[/b]

I guess she needs a 'cushioned ride' for her hemorrhoids.

Martha Stewart of car magazines

Keep your super soft suspensions so that your quiches, cakes and platters won't topple down.

·
Registered
231 Posts

That's the worst review I ever read. Barely even comment on what she thought of the way the car drove. I can't believe someone was paid for that review.

I would have to question the sanity of the M6 pricing though, if the Accord and Altima are that much cheaper for their base model.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Originally posted by Driver6

Martha Stewart of car magazines
Keep your super soft suspensions so that your quiches, cakes and platters won't topple down.[/b]
Ha that's exactly what I was thinking.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

This review is a merely 'oh and there is the Mazda6, it looks nice, I'm not in the target group and I didn't have the time to really test it otherwise I would have made less money in an hour'.

Poor job, do your homework. Basically not worth mentioning this review. Any 6-year old could have written a better one.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Written by silly woman
The 6 felt well-planted and quite stable, even when I dodged drivers making nonchalant lane changes on the interstate. Traction control, standard on the 6 with V6, worked well during heavy downpours.[/b]
Hmmm "dodged drivers making nonchalant lane changes". Ehh is that something she normaly does?

And how does she drive if she needs traction control when it rains!? When pushing the pedal on the hard packed snow/ice here the TCS light comes on... sometimes.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Her Oppinion matters this much... 0

Please no more review articles from women not wearing bikkini tops, thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by duck979

Her Oppinion matters this much... 0

Please no more review articles from women not wearing bikkini tops, thanks[/b]
You can say her review sucks because it's biased (seems that way to me) or because she's not the target audience (especially with the sport package, which is aimed at the young and young at heart).

However, the fact that she's a woman should have no role in whether or not you agree with her review. Your quote is a bit immature and offensive (even if you were joking); and I'm a 20 year old guy. Truth is, I know two women mechanics and they know more than all of my male friends so... I guess what I'm saying is, don't be sexist. Just because she's a woman doesn't mean she doesn't know about cars. She just obviously isn't the prime candidate to review this particular car.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Hey, she did give the car a 7.5, which is pretty good in their terms. I am also guessing that she rates all cars on the same scale, i.e. the Mazda6 was rated in direct correlation to all other cars (such as a Mini); not rated relative to other sedans only. So in that aspect, her final rating is actually pretty good.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

This lady is such a dweeb,

Too bad that base pricing is at the higher end of the segment. An entry 6 with four-cylinder engine and manual transmission has a starting manufacturer's suggested retail price, including destination charge, of more than $19,000.

This is before the optional sport package is added and compares with just over $16,000 for a base Accord DX sedan and more than $17,000 for a 2003 Altima. In fact, the base 6 is close to the approximately $19,500 starting price for a 2003 Camry.[/b]
Those models of the Accord and Altima are stripped bare transport. No air and the Accord DX has drum rear brakes with a 2 speaker radio!

Another reviewer who's major complaint is that it's not an Accord.

I know it's not an Accord. The reason I bought the 6 is because I don't care for the Accord. If it drove like an Accord, I probably would have bought the Protege5.

·
Registered
736 Posts

I don't think a majority of the posters in this thread are being fair. Ann Jobs has always been a good reviewer and I have been using her reviews to help guide me through the car buying process. As aj said, a 7.5/10 is pretty good considering they are tough reviewers. My only complaint is that I feel her review was too short to justify the score. Her biggest complaint was that the car has unknown reliability, which I am more than sure took a toll on its score. I very rarely see her give 10/10's except with the Audi TT review and how can you blame her with that? Also, just for the readers, take into account that she judges the car based not only on her reaction towards it, but the reaction of others as well. If you've read her other reviews (Audi TT, 350Z); you will see that she sums up everything ranging from how others felt and the way she felt about the car and outputs it as a review. Honestly, if Ann Jobs didn't write reviews for MSN Autos (Carpoint); I probably wouldn't use them to do research on cars.

·
Registered
82 Posts

immature and offensive (even if you were joking); and I'm a 20 year old guy.[/b]
"Sexist", no I am not...why? Because I think she has bigger balls then you.

I never said and I don't recall anyone else saying she was a bad reviewer because she was a woman, but the fact that she is a totally not what I envision as driving enthusiasts means that she should stick to what she knows about.

No once cares that a reviewer knows about the business of cars, they only care that they can relate to the reviewer so when they say "this car is awesome" they can imply it to themselves...why? because they related to the reviewer

I am breaking your balls because I live an America and I can express that I like girls in bikini tops! If you don't like it don't read the forum! And if the the moderators don't agree with me than ban my ID otherswise :tit

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by LBJay

Those models of the Accord and Altima are stripped bare transport. No air and the Accord DX has drum rear brakes with a 2 speaker radio![/b]
That's what p*sses me off about good ol' Honda. Air conditioning is a $1200 option on the DX Civic and Accord! Come on! And they don't crank them out of the factory without it unless you CUSTOM order it that way. Just another way to bottom out the price to compete with other automakers and give people like Ann Jobs another reason to peddle those cars to John and Jane Doe through glowing reviews. Here's an idea: Mazda should make everything on the 6 an option except the frame so we can get reviews that say...

'The new base model Mazda 6 rings in at $1350*, well below the $16,000 Accord and $17,000 Altima.'

*Price excludes tax, title, tags and just about everything that bolts to the frame.[/b]
I'm sure her review counts for something, but I'm not a 45 year old woman with a husband and two kids. I want something fun, and I don't want to be a highway clone like Honda drivers. I think I saw over 1000 new Accords on the road before I even knew they were out.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Okay, I'm an editor myself, and I definitely agree this review has some flaws, primarily in her pricing commentary. The review is very cursory, with very few impressions and a lot of recitations of specifications. It reads like she had a tight word limit -- which would be silly, if true, since it's a web review.

While it's fair to state that the entry price is higher, she doesn't acknowledge that the equipment levels on the Accord and Altima she cites are not comparable with the standard equipment on the 6. At the very least, she should have either noted that the base equipment was better, or also noted the price of compably equipped vehicles.

The firm ride comment may be appropriate, as I've seen it in more enthusiast-oriented reviews. But I gotta say, if the 6's ride is "firm," today's Accords and Altimas must be as mushy as my dad's Cadillac. Compared to our Saab 9-3, the ride is extremely smooth, and the cockpit is very quiet. (And I needn't mention how much better it is than my Miata in this department. :)

(Nitpick, but the Bose sound would actually please "casual listeners." Audiophiles and Bose do not mix.)

Overall, it's a "workhorse" review, written with no enthusiasm. Like she was assigned to drive the 6, did so, and reported on it to get the paycheck, but without taking any joy in the actual driving experience of trying out new cars. Perphaps that's appropriate for the MSN crowd -- the kind of person who look to MSN for information on cars versus the kind of person who reads Car & Driver, enthusiast boards, etc.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'MSN reviews Mazda6'

When there are so many people who like to drive cars and can write its a pity she has one of the world's dream jobs.

·
Registered
178 Posts

maby she is just so use to driving her mini van that that is the type of performance she looks for!!:D :D THis is why the 6 is lot for her the dumb ass.:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'MSN reviews Mazda6'

I had to chuckle at trunksize being something worth listing as a key feature. 99% of FWD cars have more than enough room so why bother listing at as major +.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.