Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I'm about to install my header and just wanted to know what I will need. I have an 06 2.3 and it's a pzev model since I'm from California. Will running it on stock o2 sensors reduce my mileage? Will I be able to go back to my stock manifold if I get a cel and remove that cel? Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
no/yes. Front o2 sensor is wideband. They will be fine. If you get a CEL which you shouldn't if you are leaving the main cat then you can absolutely return it to stock and reset the code.

·
Registered
42 Posts
no/yes. Front o2 sensor is wideband. They will be fine. If you get a CEL which you shouldn't if you are leaving the main cat then you can absolutely return it to stock and reset the code.
Really? hmm I thought it would cause a CEL.. because on California emission Mazda 6 2.3L it has 2 cats and 3 O2 sensors and if changing the exhaust manifold you're basically deleting the first cat. Wont the O2 sensor that reads the first cat be reading a faulty cat if it's been taking out? :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello guys I'm about to install my header and just wanted to know what I will need. I have an 06 2.3 and it's a pzev model since I'm from California. Will running it on stock o2 sensors reduce my mileage? Will I be able to go back to my stock manifold if I get a cel and remove that cel? Thanks again guys.
Are you running any after market cat-back system? I'm looking to buy a MSDS header for my 6... but I just want to know how it sounds first with a Magnaflow cat-back. Post vids once you install yours! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you running any after market cat-back system? I'm looking to buy a MSDS header for my 6... but I just want to know how it sounds first with a Magnaflow cat-back. Post vids once you install yours! :D
I don't know how to post a vid, and I did get a cel I got p2270 code and the Msds header was not a direct fit like it says it is. I also been having knocking noises towards the back of my car. I might go back to stock soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know how to post a vid, and I did get a cel I got p2270 code and the Msds header was not a direct fit like it says it is. I also been having knocking noises towards the back of my car. I might go back to stock soon.
Dang not a direct fit? Why is that?... Man I have no clue what that knocking noise could be.... but for the CEL I been looking at this website
www.bigdaddiesgarage.com
They have tiny mini cats to put on the 02 bung and the 02 sensor will go on top... but I have no idea how well these will work out and if it will fix the CEL and they cost about $50... I don't know anybody that has them or tried them... anyone chime!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang not a direct fit? Why is that?... Man I have no clue what that knocking noise could be.... but for the CEL I been looking at this website
www.bigdaddiesgarage.com
They have tiny mini cats to put on the 02 bung and the 02 sensor will go on top... but I have no idea how well these will work out and if it will fix the CEL and they cost about $50... I don't know anybody that has them or tried them... anyone chime!
Turns out the noise I've been hearing is my exhaust hitting the tow hitch in the back rightside of the car. The header did not reach my cat and I had to add a down pipe. Imma look into those because I need to pass emissions soon lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Turns out the noise I've been hearing is my exhaust hitting the tow hitch in the back rightside of the car. The header did not reach my cat and I had to add a down pipe. Imma look into those because I need to pass emissions soon lol

Ohh! mine too.. I bought me a 4in exhaust hanger to drop it a little lower plus they are stiff so it doesn't bang on the hitch. That sucks so you had to do a custom down pipe?... Take some pictures and videos and post them or at least on youtube and post a link over here... I like to hear how it sounds revs and drive by, I'm considering going this route. And let us know how the mini cats work out for you. The last option would be www.ubertechnics.com you gonna have to cut and solder but I hear they are legit. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohh! mine too.. I bought me a 4in exhaust hanger to drop it a little lower plus they are stiff so it doesn't bang on the hitch. That sucks so you had to do a custom down pipe?... Take some pictures and videos and post them or at least on youtube and post a link over here... I like to hear how it sounds revs and drive by, I'm considering going this route. And let us know how the mini cats work out for you. The last option would be www.ubertechnics.com you gonna have to cut and solder but I hear they are legit. :D
I haven't been on the forums as much so sorry for the late reply. I went ahead and bought the mini cat and sad to say but it did not work for me. As for the video or picture, i'll have to do that this week when I have time. I think I will go that route now lol. I'm focusing more on my fitment so expecting to lower my car and get new wheels :b

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't been on the forums as much so sorry for the late reply. I went ahead and bought the mini cat and sad to say but it did not work for me. As for the video or picture, i'll have to do that this week when I have time. I think I will go that route now lol. I'm focusing more on my fitment so expecting to lower my car and get new wheels :b
It's all good bro... Dang that sucks.. Sorry to hear that, but the other O2 simulator should work like a charm... Sounds awesome! You gotta post pictures for sure of your setup :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's all good bro... Dang that sucks.. Sorry to hear that, but the other O2 simulator should work like a charm... Sounds awesome! You gotta post pictures for sure of your setup :D
Yeah I'll get around to do the simulator this week hopefully, I was thinking of getting work meister s1 wheels.lowered on BC coils. It's a work in progress haha. :b I wanna see your ride dude.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah I'll get around to do the simulator this week hopefully, I was thinking of getting work meister s1 wheels.lowered on BC coils. It's a work in progress haha. :b I wanna see your ride dude.

That's cool bro! let us know how it runs... dude those meister s1 wheels would look sick!... a bit pricey but sick! lol.... I'll try to get some pics posted up here I'm using my work computer and I don't have any on my phone yet either lol... I need to update my signature.. I'm rolling with new wheels, xxr 531. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
2014-08-12 20.35.34.jpg

2014-09-17 09.07.04.jpg

XXR 531 18x8.5 +35 offset with Nitto Motivo 225/40R18
I don't have it slammed since it's my daily lol :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice ride bro looking good! :) here's mine :b gonna lower it soon, how low did you drop it?

View attachment 129737
View attachment 129745

Thanks dude! you have a nice ride as well sweeet! I like that black roof thinking of doing the same but using plasti dip and also dipping the rest of my car in dark gray and still need to do a retrofit headlights too... need more income lol.... I dropped it like a finger gap all the way around, I can't really tell you in numbers because I forgot ha! I can go lower but is just too much for daily driven.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks dude! you have a nice ride as well sweeet! I like that black roof thinking of doing the same but using plasti dip and also dipping the rest of my car in dark gray and still need to do a retrofit headlights too... need more income lol.... I dropped it like a finger gap all the way around, I can't really tell you in numbers because I forgot ha! I can go lower but is just too much for daily driven.

Hey dude I actually took the header out. I bought the simulator but did not want to attempt the install for I have no electrical knowledge. After I took it off and went back to oem, I've noticed a big difference. It feels slower and less responsive I didn't actually think that the header made much of a difference but it does lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey dude I actually took the header out. I bought the simulator but did not want to attempt the install for I have no electrical knowledge. After I took it off and went back to oem, I've noticed a big difference. It feels slower and less responsive I didn't actually think that the header made much of a difference but it does lol
Dang that's a bummer. But it's all ... so what you going to do with the header and simulator?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts