Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my precats are clogged/clogging. The replacement manifolds are about $800 each, so the header install is cheaper. The only headers that are still being sold is the MSDS header, so no decision there. I have read that nautilus performance was selling the MSDS header with a high flow cat, but as far as I can tell Nautilus Performance has shut down their website. So I can buy the MSDS headers from MSDSinc for $745 and get a high flow cat elsewhere (A link to a good one would be appreciated), but I still need MIL eliminators (correct?). The ones that are recommended are ubertechnics- O2 simulator, but those seem to no longer be sold ("out of stock: retired"). So what ones should I use instead?
Thanks,
avelte

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Well my precats are clogged/clogging. The replacement manifolds are about $800 each, so the header install is cheaper. The only headers that are still being sold is the MSDS header, so no decision there. I have read that nautilus performance was selling the MSDS header with a high flow cat, but as far as I can tell Nautilus Performance has shut down their website. So I can buy the MSDS headers from MSDSinc for $745 and get a high flow cat elsewhere (A link to a good one would be appreciated), but I still need MIL eliminators (correct?). The ones that are recommended are ubertechnics- O2 simulator, but those seem to no longer be sold ("out of stock: retired"). So what ones should I use instead?
Thanks,
avelte
You can contact Nautilus through Joey Fanguy on Facebook, they were having hacking issues with their website. I used the ubertechnics sims that you link which are out of stock on their site, maybe you can find them on ebay? I'd think any heated o2 sim should work as the ubertechnics ones are universal. Joey can help you more in that department.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried contacting Joey Fanguy on Facebook, but didn't get a response. Any suggestion on another way to contact Nautilus? If I don't hear from them soon, I will buy the msds kit , any suggestion on a cat to add to the msds one to make it quieter?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just called Nautilus' number a few days ago and had a great conversation with them. They answered all my questions, most notably around O2 sensors and CEL. Turns out they support what always seemed so logical, which is install them on either side of the cat instead of the pre-cats. They have a wiring harness that merges the wiring for both banks of O2 sensors and extends it, and they can add bungs to either side of the cat and problem solved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm about to install msds headers and apexi exhaust on my 04 6 this morning. I didn't get o2 sims yet. Will me vehicle run ok? Or does it just throw a code. Any tips tricks etc would be appreciated. This should be fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Get ready for the longest day of your life lol. Mine took 11 hours back when I did it. Be prepared for a broken stud or two; have a helicoil ready just in case.

The car will run fine. Better than fine, actually. But loud and smelly. You will get codes, no doubt. Do you live in an area that emissions tests? If not, no worries. O2 Sims are now extinct as far as I know. The federales cracked down hard and drove them all into the sea.

But I loved my headers. Oh yes I did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok got the old exhaust off all the way up to the flex. Will that next piece come out without dropping subframe? Or Can you cut it out if not. And will the new msds fit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts