Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I love the ms6, it seems as if there are more problems with the ms6 then any car on the market.

The problem is that its not just one or two problems like most new cars. There are dozens of issues...

Some people have some issues that other dont, while those people have issues of their own, and most of the time, dealers are unable to fix the problem for good. This to me seems like a good classifiaction of what a lemon car is.

Can we possibly get a list of every known issue that everyone has had? Id be willing to bet its dozens...

And to top it off, our dealers are clueless, rude, and even blame the problems on "abuse", what a load of shit, I will NEVER buy a mazda ever again...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't know what you are talking about, I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
851 Posts
it's a first year run car, it happens, i remember when the ford focus came out and how many problems it had.

look at any car today and look at the tsb that are out for them, there are tons that we never see and never notice because we don't have or don't notice the problem.

the dealership part is not mazda to blame it is simply the dealership. I went through the same thing with mitsu and ended up going to a different dealership because of it, and finally got the problem solved.

also there are some on here that will take their car to the dealership with mods and expect them to fix their problem. Don't show up with your scan gauge hooked up, leave it at home, take off your damn intake, it's not that hard, and take the damn bov off, it shouldn't take you that long. and you say what about the exhaust, you can either take my route that i'm going or leave it on, chances are they won't even notice it because it's non-essential to anything dealing with the motor.

I had ZERO problems today with the dealer, and the only thing they saw was my boost gauge and he even complemented me on it and asked if i could show him how.

in closing, yes you can fight it. but why go through all the trouble when you can spend an hour removing the crap and not go through that trouble. I pick and choose my battles. and i really don't have the time for this one.

·
Registered
967 Posts
As much as I love the ms6, it seems as if there are more problems with the ms6 then any car on the market.

The problem is that its not just one or two problems like most new cars. There are dozens of issues...

Some people have some issues that other dont, while those people have issues of their own, and most of the time, dealers are unable to fix the problem for good. This to me seems like a good classifiaction of what a lemon car is.

Can we possibly get a list of every known issue that everyone has had? Id be willing to bet its dozens...

And to top it off, our dealers are clueless, rude, and even blame the problems on "abuse", what a load of shit, I will NEVER buy a mazda ever again...
[/b]
Actually, the MS6 doesn't have more problems than any other car on the market. Have you read the complaints on VW's lately? There are a host of others as well. The MS6 has some problems yes, but there aren't "dozens" of issues. And for the most part, the dealerships have been fixing the problems with the occassional dealership being crap.

Btw, short of the reflash, I haven't had an issue with my 6 at all.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
to answer the OP's question, my ms6 is no longer mine for issues it had. busted rear axle, bad a/c unit, ecu problem all in less than 90 days.

·
Registered
851 Posts
also before i sent my car into service i called different dealerships to see their stance on modifications,luckly i found one an hour away that followed under the "if it wasn't the cause of the problem then we don't car philosophy". because my local dealership wasn't a mazdaspeed dealer and wasn't fond of modifications

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sorry you're experiencing problems, but I wouldn't call the MS6 a "lemon". I've had no issues with mine at all. None. Nada. And I've had no issues with my dealer (but then I haven't had to make use of them).

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Pretty solid here, no problems. I guess It's the fact that people start threads about problems and that's all you see...since no one is going to post a thread just about how well their car is running =\

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I have had mine since Feb. and havent had any problems yet. No reflash, no problems with the dealership even after they seen my cai on

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I will say it again. If you are getting your information on this car being a "lemon" loaded with problems based the population of this message board or message boards in general you aren't basing your opinion on the entrie population of cars. Message boards are skewed towards folks that have some knowledge to share about there cars or have problems, issues and complaints with them. Just becasue 3 people out of the hundered or so folks on here with an MS6 have the same problem doesn't make it an epidemic. There are thousands of people who have the car that love it, are completely trouble free, and don't go to this or other message boards to communcate that. It isn't just that way on this or other Mazda boards, but Honda boards, VW, etc. Take what you get on a message board with a grain of salt. What you hear on here isn't necessarily the "norm". The only freak out issue I have ever seen on this message board that was wide spread and resulted in a recall on the MS6 was the power loss issue.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine had a bad purge valve, which I consider a nit. I think the car is great!
:drive:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
No problems here. Only thing was that asshat of a service manager wanted to charge me for enabling autolock, but I told him where to put his charge for labor and even complained to Mazda of America about it. I have a feeling they will be kissing my ass from here on out. Car is probably THE best car I have ever owned. Problems for first run cars are expected. Buying the car without that realization makes you the real lemon. Do your homework next time. If you want reliability, but a Honda Civic; If you want a sweetass sport sedan, buy an MS6.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Only two things that I have a problem with my car, and those are so little that they can't even fall into Lemon classification.

1) the LCD not turning on immediately in super cold weather. I can understand that, I live in Michigan. And its about 3 seconds to readjust the clock. Nothing big.

2) This really really quiet rattle from my passenger door.

When you buy a mazda, you can't expect it to have Lexus or Mercedes quality. Its a damn good car for the money, and like everyone else has stated, these boards are designed to help people with problems, not help people without. So whatever you read is skewed towards those that have problems.

·
Registered
851 Posts
No problems here. Only thing was that asshat of a service manager wanted to charge me for enabling autolock, but I told him where to put his charge for labor and even complained to Mazda of America about it. I have a feeling they will be kissing my ass from here on out. Car is probably THE best car I have ever owned. Problems for first run cars are expected. Buying the car without that realization makes you the real lemon. Do your homework next time. If you want reliability, but a Honda Civic; If you want a sweetass sport sedan, buy an MS6.
[/b]
search around for another dealer if you have not already. the guy at the dealer yesterday said if your willing to drive an hour just for us and not go to your local dealer then we are more than willing to take care of you.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
[/b]
so you think that by calling mazda you made it that he is going to kiss your ass? i would not think that way. if anything he is going to get a call or an email/survey from the mazda rep and get a 5 second lecture. in response, he will do anything in his power to do nothing for you. this is coming from a mazda service writer who works directly under the manager. i have met several managers like this, and esp. if he wanted to charger you for enabling auto lock which takes all of 30 seconds. 30 seconds i kid you not.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Don't see more problems then any other cars. Plus not sure if I'm going to take to heart the words of somebody that can't spell lemon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't see more problems then any other cars. Plus not sure if I'm going to take to heart the words of somebody that can't spell lemon.
[/b]
:laugh: Maybe their car is a lemmon, whatever that is . . .

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I hate that statement "If you want reliability get a Honda civic, if you want a sweet ass sport sedan get an MS6"...Like that makes the situation better or something?

Reliability should be a goal worked towards and achieved in all cars, not just Hondas....That statement above was Fanboyish and stupid.

Simply put the MS6 was just rushed,not enough parts were checked for durability and the interior quality is shitty...don't disguise it under an Awesome UBER SPORT SEDAN OMG WOW!!!

You guys are being asshats and fanboys....

granted With the problems it has...which are unexcusable, the Car itself is awesome regardless... ^_^

·
Registered
176 Posts
I hate that statement "If you want reliability get a Honda civic, if you want a sweet ass sport sedan get an MS6"...Like that makes the situation better or something?

Reliability should be a goal worked towards and achieved in all cars, not just Hondas....That statement above was Fanboyish and stupid.

Simply put the MS6 was just rushed,not enough parts were checked for durability and the interior quality is shitty...don't disguise it under an Awesome UBER SPORT SEDAN OMG WOW!!!

You guys are being asshats and fanboys....

granted With the problems it has...which are unexcusable, the Car itself is awesome regardless... ^_^
[/b]
My car has been totally reliable with the single exception of the bad purge valve. My wife's Honda Odyssey has had more reliability issues than my MS6. Them's facts, not the ravings of some asshat fanboy! My interior is as nice or nicer than your 6i---also a fact.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts