Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an HKS Type-1 turbo timer installed in my Speed 6 by the local Dealership. Figured I'd pay out the ass for labor, but if anyone could install it correctly, they could. The install job was nice and the tech mounted the timer in my coin tray, so I can hide the timer if wanted. He spent about 4.5 hours on the install though, because he wasn't able to locate any wiring harness diagrams on our vehicle. He ended up wiring the RPM sensor to the clutch, and the speed sensor to the rear wheels but neither will work for the timer.

They only ended up charging me like 2.5 hours labor since half the time he was on the phone to Mazda tech. They told me, however, if I were to ever locate the wiring diagrams and they could find the correct sensors to tap into, they'd correct the wiring and I'd only pay the difference they cut me this time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Had an HKS Type-1 turbo timer installed in my Speed 6 by the local Dealership. Figured I'd pay out the ass for labor, but if anyone could install it correctly, they could. The install job was nice and the tech mounted the timer in my coin tray, so I can hide the timer if wanted. He spent about 4.5 hours on the install though, because he wasn't able to locate any wiring harness diagrams on our vehicle. He ended up wiring the RPM sensor to the clutch, and the speed sensor to the rear wheels but neither will work for the timer.

They only ended up charging me like 2.5 hours labor since half the time he was on the phone to Mazda tech. They told me, however, if I were to ever locate the wiring diagrams and they could find the correct sensors to tap into, they'd correct the wiring and I'd only pay the difference they cut me this time.
[/b]
search for it, it is on here

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you can grab tach at any of the ingnition coils & VSS at the radio. there's a copy of directwires floating around the forum.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can grab tach at any of the ingnition coils & VSS at the radio. there's a copy of directwires floating around the forum.
[/b]

The RPM signal at the ignition coils will be easy enough to explain without a diagram, but what exactly to you mean by 'at the radio' for the speed sensor?

and I'm assuming these are the diagrams you guys are referring to?
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=60538

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The RPM signal at the ignition coils will be easy enough to explain without a diagram, but what exactly to you mean by 'at the radio' for the speed sensor?

and I'm assuming these are the diagrams you guys are referring to?
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=60538
[/b]
For the 3-4 time.

It's the WHITE WIRE WITH THE BLUE STRIPE. CMP Sensor.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
VSS is pin "1I" at the radio harness

the Tach signal can be found at the coil pack or individual coil. it's best to test. tach reads A/C, usually 1-7V, but may vary.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
To help you find the wire. The wire color of 1I is Green with a Red Stripe.

·
Registered
300 Posts

[/b]
I do believe i did a full write up on turbo timer DIY on here. Just do a search i point out the wires necessary.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I'm still waiting for the correct way to install a TT (A'pexi preferrably) on the GT model (auto lock doors after 5secs).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts