Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I got my 06 MS6 approximately a week ago and have put on about 1000km. There is something that I really don't like, no its not the clutch, I got used to that by the 3rd day...its this shift shock that I get when I push in the clutch.

It happens in 1st-2nd-3rd usually in between 2500 RPM & 3500 RPM (especially in 1st and 2nd when taken up to 5000rpm, 3rd/4th/5th are butter smooth when reved higher). I would give gas a bit hareder and push in the clutch and it feels like the engine wants to come in and sit beside me. It litterally feels like it is smashing into something...ie. firewall. There is a slight thud but nothing loud.

I suspect engine mounts but does anyone know what could be done and what is the cause? Is Mazda releasing anything as a fix or known issue as far as this issue?

Anyone else in my shoes?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I think I've experienced the same thing. Try rolling off the gas an instant sooner before disengaging the clutch.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have no idea, but I feather it pretty good and hardcore so I rarely have that problem, only time I do is when I get super sloppy and mess up..then it gets a bit like what you described, when I'm in the zone it's pretty damn smooth to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts