1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
wow I never heard anyone rip the looks apart of the MS6 that bad...I only get compliments on my car's looks and the only other bad review on looks was Jeremy Clarkson's dislike of the grill...

the rest seems pretty good but I think this reviewer is a little too in-love with the WRX oh well just my opinion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That reviewer seems kinda like a dick.

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
That reviewer seems kinda like a dick.
[/b]
To review: BMW has banned The Truth About Cars from its press vehicles because of the "tone and tenor" of the website. Specifically, they objected to the fact that we compared the Subaru B9 Tribeca's front grill to a 'flying vagina,' and considered our review of the Lexus IS350 unnecessarily "harsh."

Pretty much how all TTAC reviews are written.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i don't like the back bumper with the fake exhaust and the lights should of been darker on the back, thats the only thing i dont like about the looks. but they are not "horrible"

·
Registered
149 Posts
I never could understand how writers could waste so much script on their own opinion. He goes into so much detail on how he feels the car looks. He could have put pictures and let people come to their own "truth" as to how it looks. I think the evo/sti fins are stupid looking but there are others that love them. To each his own, it just seems like 1/2 of that article is pointlessly opinion. True what I'm writing is 100% my opinion but mine isn't posted under a "The Truth About Cars" heading. Truth = Fact, Editorial = Opinion

·
Registered
967 Posts
I thought his ridiculous banter was rather funny actually. It's a highly opinionated article. What's interesting are some of the comments made by the readers.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
So did he like it or not? The world may never Know.
[/b]
he loved the performance for what it was and hated the exterior/interior/wheels

·
Registered
305 Posts
Great Review - I love this car but at the same time, I have to agree with most of what this guy had to say. It's an ugly mutt right down to the cheezy tail pipe tips and dolphin nose (gotta love that analogy) but most 4 door sedans are some what ugly IMO.
However, as a car review, if I was just getting around to looking at the MS6, I would move on to a more professional review by someone other than a PJ O'Rourke knock off.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Great Review - I love this car but at the same time, I have to agree with most of what this guy had to say. It's an ugly mutt right down to the cheezy tail pipe tips and dolphin nose (gotta love that analogy) but most 4 door sedans are some what ugly IMO.
However, as a car review, if I was just getting around to looking at the MS6, I would move on to a more professional review by someone other than a PJ O'Rourke knock off.
[/b]

Spot On!

·
Registered
231 Posts
That guy is an idiot, he contradicts himself.
"The Speed6’s cabin can’t quite shake its proletarian roots" Did he expect something completly different from Mazda?
As if the legacy does? Please...
IMO the legacy is much uglier than the speed6 too

·
Registered
967 Posts
That guy is an idiot, he contradicts himself.
"The Speed6’s cabin can’t quite shake its proletarian roots" Did he expect something completly different from Mazda?
As if the legacy does? Please...
IMO the legacy is much uglier than the speed6 too
[/b]
I like the looks of my MS6. Although, the phone tail/bumper tips does leave something to be desired........ Patiently waits on aftermarket.

·
Registered
493 Posts
It's surprising that TTAC is in syndication, but I do like reading their reviews.

Apparently the SF Chronicle dropped the colum after the "Flying Vagina" comment.

·
Registered
315 Posts
stupid article. nothing is subjective.
[/b]
WOT? Surely old chap you mean everything is subjective.....??

Whatever you meant.... the writer is entitled to his or her opinion. I don't agree about the styling...I love the querky look of the MPS but I could NEVER live with those fussy hard to clean skinny wheels, mine's fitted with RX8 wheels...smoooth! The back end is different....G String effect...but those god awful fake tail pipes have to be banished! Any ideas or solutions out there....and remember if you remove them the plastic will MELT!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually just saw in the comments that Robert Farago (the original author of TTAC) commented on the MS6 review.

Again, TTAC is not the best website for “useful information.” There are dozens of sites ready to provide all the hard facts you need. Please allow (and enjoy) our writers’ artistic freedom.
[/b]
The only thing I have real trouble with is the writer basically saying the car is ugly, while complimenting the WRX. :huh:

·
Registered
721 Posts
I actually just saw in the comments that Robert Farago (the original author of TTAC) commented on the MS6 review.
The only thing I have real trouble with is the writer basically saying the car is ugly, while complimenting the WRX. :huh:
[/b]
i agree, the wheels are PITA to clean and don't look that great, and the rear bumper looks like it's wearing briefs but nothing aftermarket wheels and bumper won't take care off.

the writer is mixed on style but loves the performance. as do alot of us here.

I'm confused at why he thinks boost doesn't come on early enough? 15.6psi @ 3200 is late?

·
Registered
30 Posts
[/b]
Yet he mentioned that it drives better than a WRX...another contradiction. :goon:

I had a WRX and find the MS6 is very similar in performance. While obviously the MS6 is heavier and not as agile - 0 to 60 times the same between the 2, this car just pulls harder than the rex at speed. Also the styling seems to be love or hate with both the MS6 and WRX, although I love how the MS6 looks, my big gripe is the tailpipe thing...that is truly cheesy (but would have been at least $700-1000 more to get real 3" tailpipes out of Mazda)...

However WRX's are selling in my area for around sticker with little wiggle room, I just picked up a MS6 GT for only $500 more than a "standard" WRX...Legacy GT's are going for $28,800 at best (near invoice) and have so much body roll in turns you feel like you're driving a banana with a quick engine (sorry, the Spec. B with a real suspension goes for around $34K)....Anyway, I LOVE this car and feel like I stole it from Mazda (and come January they just might be giving them away with the purchase of a MS3 :) )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts